Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Sure Signal

nscaife
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Any idea why my Sure Signal isn't working with my iPhone 5s? Vodafone seems to think it's not compatible with 4G phones.

6 REPLIES 6

nnk_carol
9: Established

We have no problem with any of our 4G phones working with the Sure Signal box, including an iPhone 5S so it isn't that they are excluded.  I'm sure you've checked but did you register it correctly within your online account?  There's a pretty good troubleshooting guide HERE which may help you sort it out too.

Your other option is to try webchat or calling 191 from your phone (although if it isn't linking to your Sure Signal, you'll have a problem calling 191)

Alternatively, if you hang on here, someone from the Vodafone forum team will be along to help you although that can take 48 hours or more if they are busy.

grolschuk
Community Champion (Retired)
Community Champion (Retired)

You were correctly informed that the suresignals do not work with 4G, as they only broadcast a 3G signal.

That however won't stop them working with handsets that can use the 4G service, as they will also work with 3G (and 2G) signals when 4G is not available.

If the suresignal is working with other handsets, and just not the iPhone, you could try un-registering the number from the device, waiting a few hours then re-register it.

If it does not work for any handsets, has it worked in the past and stopped, or is it new?

Perhaps I wasn't clear enough in my reply.  Sure Signal creates a 3G signal for voice using your broadband and not a 4G signal for data - but why would you want one?  As the Sure Signal uses your broadband to create the 3G signal, you'd surely want to use your broadband for WiFi anyway, not 4G from the SS.

I hope this is clearer.

Hi @nnk_carol,

Please take a look at our Sure Signal Troubleshooting thread. If this doesn’t resolve your query, please post your reply below including the following information:

Your speed test results from here.

Your ping test results from here.

Your external IP address from here.

The results of a traceroute.

Your Sure Signal serial number:

VSS Traceroute command

On a PC:

Click on Start and select Run

Type CMD into the Run box and press enter/click ok

A black box will appear.

In this box type tracert 212.183.133.177 press Enter

Paste the output of this command into your reply.

This will help us get the quickest possible resolution for you.

Thanks,

Matt B

You've clearly not read the thread, I was trying to help, not ask for help!

Please contact the OP!

Phil
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

Hi @nnk_carol 

Apologies about that.  Thanks for offering your help though.  

@nscaife 

Please follow the steps @Retired-Matt_B posted above and we'll be able to help further.  

Thanks, 

Phil