Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Sure signal 1 not working after ISP switch

james_t_n
1: Seeker

Hi there,

I have had a VSS 1 for a long time, and had no problems. I switched ISP to BT Infinity about 2 weeks ago. This is much faster than my old ISP.

Currently the unit has either a solid power light alone, or a flashing power light. I have tried the hard reset suggested elsewhere in the forum but it doesn't work.

I have had texts from vodafone saying "We have noticed that your sure signal box 21224511382 has moved, please update its postcode. This will allow the emergency services to locate you, should you make a call"

I have no idea how to do this. 

My phone is on a business contract with my employers (a lrage corporate), and I have no idea how to create a My Account - it doesn't like my mobile phone number

There is an earlier post about this issue that appears to have been resolved by level three support (?)

http://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/Vodafone-Sure-Signal/Switched-ISP-now-sure-signal-will-not-work/td-p/...

All help greatly appreciated.

Many thanks

James

2 REPLIES 2

Getafix
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

VSS is usually tied to a phone and you have to have a My Account where on the My Account landing page there is Manage my Sure Signal.

As you say you don't have my Vodafone then suggest you either call 191 or get on the Live Chat.

Or you can wait for the Forum Team which could take more than 4-5 days before you get solution.

DaveCD
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@james_t_n 

I've reset your location change and this is now correct.

The light sequence you mention indicates that the signal is not reaching our servers and this may be to do with your new router.

Please ensure the following is showing in your router settings:

Ports to be opened for forwarding

• 8 (TCP & UDP)
  • 50 (TCP & UDP)
  • 53  (TCP & UDP)
  • 67 (UDP)
  • 68 (UDP) 
  • 123 (UDP)
  • 500 (UDP)
  • 1723 (TCP & UDP)
  • 4500 (UDP)
  • 33434 - 33445 (UDP)

IP addresses to be allowed on the router & firewall

• 183.133.177-179
  • 183.133.181-182
  • 183.131.128-191

I can see it's registered successfully, so once the above steps have been followed please perform a reset:

• Unplug the ethernet cable from the Sure Signal
  • Locate the button on the base of the box next to the Ethernet ports
  • Press and hold the button for approximately 30 seconds
  • Once the lights come back on, release the button
  • Plug the cable back in
  • Allow around one hour for the Sure Signal to come back online.

DaveCD