Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Sure signal 3 fail with iPhones but ok with Samsung

Anonymous
Not applicable
hi folks. Have sure signal 3. Daughter has Samsung phone and I've a personal and a work iPhone. This morning both Apple devices are showing no service but the Samsung is showing the usual 5 bars 3G from the sure signal box and is working perfectly. I've restarted the iPhone, flipped it between airplane mode and on again, and no change. Any ideas?
Thank you.
2 REPLIES 2

Jenny
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi @SparkyT,

Please take a look at our Sure Signal Troubleshooting thread. If this doesn’t resolve your query, please post your reply either below, or in the relevant thread, together with the details requested, including the following information.

Your speed test results from here.

Your ping test results from here.

Your external IP address from here.

The results of a traceroute.

Your Sure Signal serial number:

VSS Traceroute command

On a PC:

Click on Start and select Run

Type CMD into the Run box and press enter/click ok

A black box will appear.

In this box type tracert 212.183.133.177 press Enter

Paste the output of this command into your reply.

This will help us get the quickest possible resolution for you.

Thanks,

Jenny

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Jenny,

On restart it proceeded to the not connecting to Vodafone server error...Just the iphones noticed it first,

Version 3 Sure Signal (Power - flashing, Internet - solid orange, In Service - off, In Use - off)

Where I and others reportred similar problems, which then without intervention on my part resolved during the Monday morning.  So a WHOLE WEEKEND without my mobile and no notification of downtime from Vodafone...

Today I get a flurry of activity to the other thread only to get home and find that Sure Signal is down again.  Not very 'Sure' is it...Would be grateful if your employing company can actually bother themselves to let their customers know of such issues...  All this faffing around seems pointless when on the next working day it all magcially resolves without so much as a word...

Thanks.