Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Sure signal 3

mikehux
2: Seeker
2: Seeker
I accepted a sure signal box to stay with Vodafone as the signal is so poor in my house.
The box rarely works, and I'm not prepared to spend a hour on the phone ( which of course doesn't have a signal indoors!) trying it get it back on-line each time it fails.
It has worked on occasion so internet connection is ok, but now just has the red light and slow flashing internet white light.
Any suggestions for a permanent fix?
15 REPLIES 15

HI,

ok getting a bit frustrating now...

This new unit has worked initially, but now im back to solid red light and nothing else. restarting just sets the box looking for a network and then giving up.

Back to square one, calls at home dropout and im missing sms messages only picking up when I go down the road.. this is in the middle of Manchester! I renewed my contract on the basis this would solve network issues?

There's no point having it plugged in if its not going to work. 

Our internet connection is sound, no problems with speed or reliability on other services.

MTU is at 150

SN = 40133667002

Retired-Kay
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi mikehux, 

As the same issue is happening it would point to an issue with either your Internet connection or router. 

If there is only the power light showing then this means it can't find an Internet connection. Could you try a different Ethernet cable and port to see if this helps? 

Let us know how you get on, 

Kay

If my connection and/or router were at fault , why did it work ok for the first few days?
Nothing has changed here, our connection is sound, unless sky have decided to block this traffic?

Can you resync the box from your end and I will reset here.

Ben_H
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi mikehux,

As your unit isn't connected to the internet, I'm unable to push a resynchronisation through. The last time your Sure Signal contacted our systems was back on the 1st November. Could you speak with your ISP to see if they can advise you on any setup changes with your service? 

Can you also confirm that you've tested an alternative Ethernet cable too? :Smiling:

Cheers, Ben

hi ben,

ironincally this unit did start working after i swapped the cable and port on the router, but its stopped again now. Just the usual red light and slow flashing white connection light.

I cant see how it can be my connection if it has worked successfully for a few days, nothing has changed here. Sky cant advise as this isnt their kit and from a look at the forum, this probelm isnt restricted to sky.

Ive got used to having to reset it and it seemed to come back up but not this time.

please advise?

Retired-Kay
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi mikehux, 

We've tried to 'ping' your Sure Signal today but nothing happened, effectively the Sure Signal isn't connecting to our servers. 

Can you try it at an alternative location such as a friend or family members? If it works we will know for definite where the issues lies. 

Let us know how you get on, 

Kay