Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Sure signal HTC one X

yorkieboy762
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Since May 2012 there has been a problem with compatibility when trying to use a HTC one X with sure signal. This issue is well documented on vodafone e-forums and still hasn't been resolved. My question to vodafone, why are you not letting people know this problem exist when they order a new HTC one X, WHY are you not asking the question (do you rely on a sure signal box to use your phone at home or your business premises.)

HOW come your sales teams know nothing about this problem I'm speaking from experience, they know nothing, YOU are a COMMUNICATIONS COMPANY please start communicating with each other can't you see if you carry on like this people will go else where you are making yourselfs look like fools and customers don't like dealing with fools.After ordering an HTC one X which has excellent reviews I probable won't be able to use it at home so i will be sending it back under the crappy 7 day return policy and have to wait for the galaxy S3 to arrive which according to people on the forum has no problem using sure signal. Rant over please be upfront people like that.

Thanks. 

14 REPLIES 14

Sukhi,

I do not wish to seem rude or arrogant but I said, I am not going down the troubleshooting route you suggest. I see it as a wate of time.

Pls listen & absorb.

1. I can connect perfectly using either of my VSS devices using a Blackberry, a Sony Xperia, an HTC Desire HD, an iPhone. Only does my One X give problems.

2. I have used both my VSS devices for year on my broadband, there's no problem with it.

3. In the area where I hang out the phones listed in 1. all work fine on the Vodafone network. My One X shows at best 3 bars where other show 5.

4. I am on my second One X... the first one was replaced for the same problem.

5. The One X just appears to be unable to stay 'locked' on to the data service it is seeing. Selecting GSM only or WCDMA only or auto does nothing to help.

6. If I observe the One X sitting on my desk I can see the signal strength indicator changing continuosly. It seems to be searching all the time.

If you Google the problem 'One X' && 'signal strength' you'll see I am not dreaming. The device has problems!

Regards, Dave

Sukhi
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi Dave_Voda

As all the other phones are working there doesn’t seem to be an issue with the Sure Signal.

Is it possible for you to test the SIM card from one of the other phones in the HTC One X? 

If the issue continues then this will suggest the problem lies with the phone however if it starts connecting then you may have a faulty SIM card and I’d recommend trying a new one.

Thanks

Sukhi

Sukhi,

Sorry about the delay.

I can't try another sim...the One X uses a micro sim & I don't have another one.

I have looked closely at this problem & I can say with no doubt that the One X has issues with (a) maintaining a network connection and (b) differentiating between mobile network connections & wifi.

If for instance I am using wifi it will regularly report no connection when the wifi connection is just fine..at these times if you do the 'Airplane Mode on/off' or 'GSM/WCDMA auto' on/off you will get it to realise that there is indeed a connection. It's as if it goes into a sleep mode & need waking up.

if you Google something like 'htc one x loses internet connection' you will get a myriad of hits....They all point to the same fault.

My guess is that the problem I have is the same...The HTC One X has a bug - maybe firmware or hardware..But it just cannot keep a network connection alive!

What shall I do?

Cheers, Dave

Hi Dave_Voda, 

What firmware version is your One X running? 

The latest version is 4.2.2. If you go to Settings>About>Software updates>Check now it will notify you if a new update is available. 

Let me know how you get on, 

Kay

Hi Kay,

My Android ver was 4.1.1...Am updating now to 4.2.2. Shame that amongst all the other rubbish the device wants to regularly update it didn't offer an o/s update!

Anyway - I think I may have got closer to an answer for the data connection problem when usng wifi! It turns out that HTC/Android have a known bug that prevents them 'remembering' their IP address when you are using DHCP. Setting a fixed IP adress cures that!

I ask....Is it possible that a similar problem exists whereby the device drops off the network when going into standby or sleep thereby causing 'loss of network connection'????

Someone out there will know!

Regards, Dave