Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Sure signal Moved?

jororiggs
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

I have just received a text message from Vodafone stating they have received an indication that my Sure Signal has moved and I should enter the new postcode. 

The Sure Signal has not moved an inch!  I've checked my account and the postcode is correctly shown.

I am confused.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Retired-James
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi jororiggs,

You don’t need to worry as this is a common issue caused by an update with your Internet Service Provider.

All you need to do is log into you’re my account that is registered as the owner of the Sure Signal, change the postcode to another Postcode, select save and then change this back and select save.

This will then update the profile and stop these messages for you.

James

If you have any comments on how I have answered your query today, please complete our short feedback survey.

View solution in original position

20 REPLIES 20

I have done this and it comes back error

Hi Tomboy13,

So we can see what’s happening, can you post your Sure Signal serial number please?

Cheers,

Andrew

I have changed post code, but answer comes back .error,

Texecom48
2: Seeker
Whilst this may be true although a company IT technician wasn't convinced I'm not keen on leaving items running for 50 or so hours a week whilst there's no one there using them. The modem, router and sure signal kick out not inconsiderable heat aswell.
Besides all this does is reduces the number of times the I P address re assigns its self which everyone says sure signal isn't worried about anyway...

jeffkinn
17: Community Champion
I changed my router recently and that prompted a flurry of emails and texts claiming I had moved. I completed the postcode on the VF website twice but the messages continued. In the end the team here did something to stop it from happening.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

grolschuk
Community Champion (Retired)
Community Champion (Retired)

I'm still waiting for them to change the contents of the sms and email to actually identify which device is having trouble.

I've been getting the same messages, but have had to ignore them as I have no idea which box it is that needs kicking, as there are many of them dotted around the country

This seems to be a common problem the messages are annoying ive made them easier to ignore if im honest im not entirely convinced sure signal doesnt anything with it on or off the difference is minimal it deffinatley doesnt ever give me 3G coverage. It would be nice if they could just stop the messages permanently and allow you to choose if youve moved when you move house or premises? Or is that to easy?

jeffkinn
If the SS isn't giving you a complete 3G signal it isn't working.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

Hmmm trouble is what can i do about that? I dont know who to call 191 s off shore and the last 3 calls to them were fob off's really i suspect the units out of warranty too. I did call them when i first had it but they said its working fine theyve also allegedly dialled into the unit and done updates and diagnostics they say...

Texecom48
Tried the call Center again they've checked the setting its off at the moment as I'm out at work and they say its all sorted now... What's happened to the uk call centres are they but a distant memory now? Still let's see if they've fixed it?