Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Sure signal V3 and BT home hub 5

alforsyth1
3: Seeker

Hi My VSS3 (had around a week) will not connect through my BT home hub 5 been trying for a week spoke to BT/Vodafone customer help and they are blaming each other and not helping me I have done everything in the trouble shooting guide. It looks like I am not the only person having this problem has anyone had any success recently with the vodafone SSversion 3 and BT home hub

11 REPLIES 11

tinycat

No, you are not alone.  I'm having the same problem, trying to get it to connect to Home Hub5.  I can hardly credit the runaround I've had from Vodafone, but today a chap told me that It is a problem with the Registration process, meaning he will have to contact the manufacturer of the SSV3 and get them to register it manually, as Vodafone can't do this, apparently.    I'm waiting to see if the promised email saying it's been done arrives, but not holding my breath.

Any Vodafone staff here who can confirm what I've been told, please, and also help the OP?

alforsyth1
Hi
Ive heard nothing 😣

alforsyth1
Hi
Ive heard nothing 😣 it would be nice if someone in the "know" would shed a little light or offer something, anything please....

ChazzD
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@alforsyth1 @tinycat

Please try manually configuring your router to allow port-forwarding.

See the following for a list of port numbers and IP addresses that need to be forwarded to your Sure Signal's internal IP address. For instructions on how to do this, we recommend you contact your ISP or Router Manufacturer, or refer to the default guide for your particular make and model, over at http://portforward.com.

Ports and Protocols:

• 8 – TCP/UDP                 (All routers)
  • 50 – TCP/UDP               (All routers)
  • 53 – TCP/UDP               (Virgin Super Hubs)
  • 67 – UDP                      (Virgin Super Hubs)                                                    
  • 68 – UDP                      (Virgin Super Hubs)                                        
  • 123 – UDP                    (All routers)     
  • 500 – UDP                    (All routers)     
  • 1723 – TCP/UDP           (BT Home Hubs)          
  • 4500 – UDP                   (All routers)     
  • 33434 – 33445 – UDP    (Virgin Super Hubs)

Destination IP Addresses:

• 212.183.131.128/2

Your router also needs to assign the Sure Signal with a DNS (Domain Name Server) address via DHCP (Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol).

Sorry but you are only repeating what I've been told so many times over the last weeks.  I have of course already done this, or rather, BT has done it for me.

Please confirm whether the SS will  be fixed ASAP

alforsyth1
Hi yes same here tried those things last week now what would you suggest?

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@tinycat @alforsyth1 So we can look into this further, please can you provide us with your Sure Signal serial number?

Also, and can't believe how Vodafone can be this bad, I've just has a text message telling me I have to open ports....I have been told this and done it about 100 times now.  I will be requiring a refund on my account for lack of service.

alforsyth1
Its all Bull there is obviously a massive problem with BT home hub 5 and Vodafone and I just renewed my contract on the basis of getting a free sure signal that would sort my mobile phone signal out at home after it did a dissappearing act once the local 4g masts became active the 2/3g must of been turned off because there is a black hole in my area of no vodafone signal which used to be the best signal around.
I'm a business user and need signal at home so I also will be looking for a refund and to cancel my contract as I am NOT getting what I am Paying for.

Someone just put their hands up and say yes sorry your with BT the sure signal is not going to work. It would be easier than all this trouble shooting rubbish and being past from call centre to call centre.