cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Sure signal V3 and plus net sagem 2704n. Does not connect to internet.

comminame40
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Any ideas how to get this to work on the above router. I have fibre broadband with plusnet.

The red light is flashing and i have the right hand orange light as a phone in brackets. According to the manual this is not connecting to the internet.

Speed Test: 9.65 downloading

I.P: 217.39.19.219

Sure Signal Serial Number: 42160555779

Traceroute: 

C:\Users\Donna>tracert 212.183.133.177

Tracing route to 212.183.133.177 over a maximum of 30 hops

1 2 ms 2 ms 3 ms dsldevice.lan [192.168.1.254]
2 16 ms 19 ms 19 ms lo0.12.Central12.ptw-bng02.plus.net [195.166.130.205]
3 18 ms 17 ms 17 ms irb.12.ptw-cr01.plus.net [84.93.249.33]
4 17 ms 18 ms 23 ms 195.99.126.138
5 22 ms 78 ms 22 ms 109.159.254.192
6 19 ms 19 ms 20 ms 109.159.254.203
7 19 ms 18 ms 17 ms t2c3-et-3-1-0-0.uk-lon1.eu.bt.net [166.49.211.236]
8 18 ms 19 ms 18 ms 166-49-211-254.eu.bt.net [166.49.211.254]
9 * * * Request timed out.
10 * * * Request timed out.
11 * * * Request timed out.
12 * * * Request timed out.
13 * * * Request timed out.
14 * * * Request timed out.
15 * * * Request timed out.
16 * * * Request timed out.
17 * * * Request timed out.
18 * * * Request timed out.
19 * * * Request timed out.
20 * * * Request timed out.
21 * * * Request timed out.
22 * * * Request timed out.
23 * * * Request timed out.
24 * * * Request timed out.
25 * * * Request timed out.
26 * * * Request timed out.
27 * * * Request timed out.
28 * * * Request timed out.
29 * * * Request timed out.
30 * * * Request timed out.

Trace complete.

14 REPLIES 14

Rahim
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@comminame40 Can you take a look at our Sure Signal Troubleshooting thread, and then post back your results if you’re not directed to an existing thread?

I already did post my results.. the sure signal is registered but not connecting to the internet through my router. See above post for details of results

@comminame40

I can see the last time your Sure Signal connected was the 10 May.

I’ve re-synchronized the device for you now. This may take up to 24hours to fully connect. During this time, please don't reset or unplug the Sure Signal.

Once the 24 hours have passed please perform a reset:

• Unplug the Ethernet cable from the Sure Signal
  • Locate the button on the base of the box next to the Ethernet ports
  • Press and hold the button for approximately 30 seconds
  • Once the lights come back on, release the button
  • Plug the cable back in

Allow around one hour for the Sure Signal to come back online.

gsmsecure
12: Established
Although it has been a while since I set mine up on Plus Net.

It WILL NOT AND NEVER WORK with the out the box router unless you can change the MTU setting. I doubt they have changed within the last two years, and the setting is not available.

I am beyond frustration with Vodafone and lack of listening to feedback from their customers. I spent two hours on the phone to high level support two years ago explaining the issue where I was assured it will be fed back and fixed.

As usual Vodafone completely ignored this and we are now at a stage where BT OpenReach and other broadband providers are switching to fibre and supplying routers where the MTU setting is fixed and cannot be changed.

The ONLY way you will get a Suresignal to work is bin the router Plus Net supplied and use a business class router where the MTU setting can be changed to 1492.

Two years they have had to fix this and it is reprehensible that we are now in a tidal wave of fibre roll out where many many SureSignal units will simply stop working unless an expensive router is purchased.

The two locations I have them running is on Plus Net at a cost of £300 for two routers which worked first time and ever since.

I am also sick and tired of seeing Vodafone so called Tech's telling customers to check pings, trace routes and other rubbish tests where you are completely wasting your time and efforts and they above all should know better.

It's always the same response from Tech and either they are giving the impression that it is your network or ISP at fault to hide the fact you need a new router or they just don't get it...

They have been told many times by myself, they don't listen so suggest you contact Trading Standards on 03454 040506 and either claim the money back for a now defunct device or ask Vodafone to contribute to the router you will have to buy to get it to work...

DOES ANYONE OTHER THAN VODAFONE'S CEO LISTEN?

It is important to report all failed SureSignal V3 using the links below to:

BBC's Watchdog: https://ssl.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b006mg74/contact

Trading Standards: Call them on 0345 4 040506

Vodafone CEO: http://www.ceoemail.com -  (Search Vodafone UK)

I up until recently (a few days ago) had a V2 working on my plusnet 2704 Fibre connected router without problems for years. I upgraded to fibre through Openreach about 2 years ago and didn't have to make any changes. Now I'm trying to get a V3 to work and it won't. Does that mean Vodafone has changed the internals of the V3 so it will not work with Fibre connect routers? 

gsmsecure
I am certain that the VPN protocol on the V3 is different which is why I was able to.use a V2 but problems when I changed it.

The V3 cannot cope with smashed up data packets to re assemble them.

It is important to report all failed SureSignal V3 using the links below to:

BBC's Watchdog: https://ssl.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b006mg74/contact

Trading Standards: Call them on 0345 4 040506

Vodafone CEO: http://www.ceoemail.com -  (Search Vodafone UK)

I'm also haave the same problem flashing red power and solid orange internet icon.

I have spoken to both Vodafone and Plusnet and none of the suggestions made have ever worked.

Please can you recommend me a replacement router that 100% works with VSS v3?

Regards

CG2016

DaveCD
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@CG2016

We're unable to recommend any routers, but maybe one of the others on here can.

It's also worth follwoing the Sure Signal troubleshooting steps in case there's any reason it's not working.

Please can anyone recommend a replacement router (for my plusnet Sagecom 2704n), which will work with Sure Signal v3?

Hopefully cheap

Regards