cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Sure signal and BT Outage UK wide, really ???

Gilesch
2: Seeker

Just had the priviledge of speaking to India for 30 minutes trying to reset my flashing suresignal, only to be told it is a UK wide problem affecting Suresignal and BT Internet users, and that the engineers are working on it. So to stop you wasting time also, it is apparently work in progress.....

So glad I've just renewed my contract and also spent hours trying to fix this wretched box. Living inthe country with little or  no vodafone signal it is rather usefull!

I would have thought an email or even a service update online was not too much to ask. Not amused.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Ben_H
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi everyone,

The issue with the ISP in question has been resolved.

We've updated our statement to reflect this here.

Many thanks, 

Ben

View solution in original position

49 REPLIES 49

AngusWolfendale

Absolutely agree with you - I've been trying for three days to get this critical piece of kit working - getting the same story as you.  I live in a no-spot area and need my mobile for business.  Without a working SureSignal our mobile phones are redundant.  It's time Vodafone posted a true update on the website.

AdrianCummings
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

I only had it for one day and it stopped working becasue of the service outage LOL :Smiley_with_tongue_out:

What I find more laughable is the frontline tech support here are telling people to follow various steps in order to return the units to working service, when in fact the outage itself is preventing most if not all people from connecting via the device.

What is the point Vodafone? I've only just swapped to Vodafone from O2 myself last week and then all this happened. What a waste of time. Thinking of throwing mine in the bin or giving it to the dog to chew on.

Ugh.

What Vodafone need to understand is that the ONLY reason why we stay with Vodafone is the SureSignal.

If it wasn't for that device we would have moved all the family's phones to a cheaper provider.

In general it's proved to be a reliable service - but the past few days we've had to reboot the box whenever we want to use a phone.

Running the "trouble shooting" script achieves nothing.

Grrr ...

Unbelievable ! Like many others I have spent  the wekend rebooting, port forwarding (????????), turning on/turning off and now this morning a nice techie guy called Wayne says on the Forum that Vodafone are aware of the problem and  are trying to fix it. Oh good - how about letting us know that 3 days ago ?!!!!!!!! Poor customer service.

Yesterday I spoke to the techie on the phone (standing in a field to get reception !) and  he got me to reset etc etc, but it was clear in a very oblique way that they knew the problem lay with them.

They have our contact details - how about a mail/text ? Too much to ask of one of the largest companies in UK ??

Same with me. Been getting very stressed - made even worse when you speak to someone who can't communicate properly in English.

Why could they not have published this via the website to stop us all spending hours trying to reboot systems and all that nonsense. Plus, if you are not technically knowledgeable it's even worse when you are told to do 'pings' and do 'traceroutes'. I have been reading up on portforwarding and all sorts of stuff and it blows my mind.

I moved to Vodafone because of the Sure Signal so here's hoping they do indeed act swiftly to get us all back making phone calls.

As I keep having the same problem as you guys, someone at work mentioned that Three network offers Home Signal box - doing exactly the same as Sure Signal.

So.... Vodafone is not the only one anymore and I believe they should have a decency to inform us about outage so we wouldn't waste time trying to fix it 

drey_p
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

@alichszteld wrote:

I believe they should have a decency to inform us about outage so we wouldn't waste time trying to fix it 

If you take a look at the post directly above your's, you will see that there is a link to an official statement from Vodafone.

PWIAC

Yes Drey_p but it has taken them at least 4 days to get around to letting users know that there is an issue. All day yesterday the 'techteam' (LOL!) were telling folks to run the troubleshooting steps, post tracert / ping etc when it was pointless. That wasted everyone's time and IMO amounts to trolling.

This is why folks are so frustrated and venting on here. If VF had come clean right at the start, everyone would have sat back to wait for the fix. I'll admit that some would be getting vocal about the fix taking so long though!

In the words of (Removed according to House Rules) dastardly and muttley - Please Vodafone "Do Something"

Anyway - just out for a mile walk so I can make a phone call !!!!

LOL