cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Sure signal and BT Outage UK wide, really ???

Gilesch
2: Seeker

Just had the priviledge of speaking to India for 30 minutes trying to reset my flashing suresignal, only to be told it is a UK wide problem affecting Suresignal and BT Internet users, and that the engineers are working on it. So to stop you wasting time also, it is apparently work in progress.....

So glad I've just renewed my contract and also spent hours trying to fix this wretched box. Living inthe country with little or  no vodafone signal it is rather usefull!

I would have thought an email or even a service update online was not too much to ask. Not amused.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Ben_H
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi everyone,

The issue with the ISP in question has been resolved.

We've updated our statement to reflect this here.

Many thanks, 

Ben

View solution in original position

49 REPLIES 49

tawjones
Have Vf updated their known fault advice ? Don't think so.
Mine is still flashing/disconnected.
Come on Vf, update please !

Ben_H
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi folks,

Apologies if you're affected.

We're working closely with the ISP in question to get this sorted as swiftly as we can. As much of the changes were out of our influence, we don't currently have a timescale.

However, we'll update the statement here as soon as we have more details to share.

Thanks,

Ben

EVERY sure signal is registered against an e-mail address. When ever there has been an issue over the years that we've had sure signal units, there has been absolutely no communications from Vodafone. Only the odd comment on this forum for those who have found it. (I've been here a number of times in recent years.)

Sure Signal units are great when they work, they are what keeps a lot of Voda customers with Voda out in the sticks. When they don't work and we have no voluntary / courtesy comms from Voda it is devastating for business. I'm losing business right now.

Everybody has tech problems now and again, but a real business puts their hands up, apologises and assures customers that they are sorting it asap. USE THE EMAIL ADDRESSES THAT YOU HAVE AND MAN UP!

Just spoke to a techie at Vodafone who was reasonable and quite helpful in the circumstances.

She told me that it was a problem with BT routers and that their lines were clogged by people with the same problem. She 'thought' that BT had sent an update to all their routers and Sure signal had somehow been excluded from the update package - suffice to say that Vodafone are completely unable to do anything technical their end to resolve the issue as BT  are the ones which have to fix it.

She confirmed that the problem was not currently fixed and they were aware of the massive damage being done to Vodafone. Unfortunately she then sent me the link to 'Wayne's' Sure Signal update - I told her that there was a need for him to update his message !

So it looks like we  wait for BT to be pressurised by Vodafone to sort this out. Reset router occasionally ?

Anyway, don't waste your life calling Vodafone !

Also posted this on the new complaint site started by Washy21

As of 16.47 our Sure Signal finally locked on in South Norfolk. I do hope it lasts until the end of the working day as I've a heap of catching up to do.

Many thanks for getting it back up, no thanks at all for the appauling lack of voluntary info from Vodafone. 

Quote : She 'thought' that BT had sent an update to all their routers and Sure signal had somehow been excluded from the update package

I am not shooting the messenger here but that is tosh.   I know that because although I am a BT customer with the problem I do not use a BT router.  There is no way mine can have been updated

Same here, Billion Router and BT have no access to that !

I was told on Sunday this was a problem with SS2 only and they "had a fix" and "I would be fixed it a couple of days". It's now Wednesday and still nothing.

I called back up and was told the issue was with BT and it was being worked on.

All this on very expensive business lines.... not good enough !

westtul
3: Seeker
Oh dear
Access denied when I tried to access the link in Ben's post above
I have bt broadband, tplink router and SS v1 is working, SS v2 is not.
Hmm, problem specific to v2?

Have you reset recently? My V2 came back on line late this afternoon. Mybe they are getting it fixed regionally, they must have actually found a fix as mine's back.

teresasue
I totally agree I think it's terrible service from vodafone they should definitely put a post out telling us what's happening. I phoned every day and always same answer IT WILL WORK ON NEXT 24 HOUSE. Total rubbish. I'm going to leave vodafone