cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Sure signal and BT Outage UK wide, really ???

Gilesch
2: Seeker

Just had the priviledge of speaking to India for 30 minutes trying to reset my flashing suresignal, only to be told it is a UK wide problem affecting Suresignal and BT Internet users, and that the engineers are working on it. So to stop you wasting time also, it is apparently work in progress.....

So glad I've just renewed my contract and also spent hours trying to fix this wretched box. Living inthe country with little or  no vodafone signal it is rather usefull!

I would have thought an email or even a service update online was not too much to ask. Not amused.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Ben_H
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi everyone,

The issue with the ISP in question has been resolved.

We've updated our statement to reflect this here.

Many thanks, 

Ben

View solution in original position

49 REPLIES 49

I'm considering leaving as well when my contract is up. Still they will have just shy of 19 million customers if both of us go.

To be honest the Vodafone coverage where I live is dire and the only reason I have it is because of sure signal.

I dont think the problem will be with you home router , it will be the trunk routers in the field.

I have just repowered mine to see if comes back by the morning :Smiling:

The whole problem as always is in these situations is that nobody takes responsibility for informing those most effected. It may be bad news but thats better than no news, when will they learn.

I'm back up again. It came back as about 21:00 after I reset my Suresignal (v2).

I believe that this issue was with the BT Wholesale broadband network where it connects to the Vodafone gateway.

It's a pity that BT Wholesale were not responsive to the error that Vodafone raised with them.

Regards

Infinidim

Infinidim

JamesTroup

Right - here we go .... UNBELIEVABLE 'customer service' from Vodafone.

We got a Sure Signal for our office 3 months ago - after literally hours spent on the phone and our IT guy adjusting 'ports' we were told our internet speed was just not fast enough (has to be more than 6mbps apparantly) apart from Vodafone never making this clear before we bought a SS they put us through considerable time and expense before telling us a bout the speed1

Anyway 3 months later we have finally got fibre optic fast broadband - plugged in the Sure Signal and guess what it doesn't work!

After 34 minutes on the phone to Vodafone they finally say it is a national 'outage' and then sent the following email after saying they would send the link for an eforum so we would know when the outage was solved 

"Dear Customer, Thank you fro calling Vodafone today, http vdfn.co SSignal Thanks Vodafone" This was all the email consisted of - no name at the bottom, a meaningless link that wasn't a link and terrible English.

I really despair of Vodafone - can anyone suggest what the eforum address is that will give me info on the 'outage'

Thanks in massive frustration

James 

@Gilesch wrote:

Just had the priviledge of speaking to India for 30 minutes trying to reset my flashing suresignal, only to be told it is a UK wide problem affecting Suresignal and BT Internet users, and that the engineers are working on it. So to stop you wasting time also, it is apparently work in progress.....

So glad I've just renewed my contract and also spent hours trying to fix this wretched box. Living inthe country with little or  no vodafone signal it is rather usefull!

I would have thought an email or even a service update online was not too much to ask. Not amused.

Mine has just come back to life - now to catch up - :Smiling:

Vodafone really do need to learn a lesson on support over this issue - the left hand/ right hand, esculation and communication issues all are so apparent.

lets hope all our blood pressures return to normal , and our customers have not deserted us!

Mine back also around 12.

Can't access the Vodafone thread so don't know if problem is completely solved.

Ben_H
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi everyone,

The issue with the ISP in question has been resolved.

We've updated our statement to reflect this here.

Many thanks, 

Ben

No it hasn't!

I've unplugged, left overnight, plugged back in.  Reset.  Reset.  Reset.  For the last 8 or nine days.  And still we have no Sure Signal.  Other people we know with Sure Signal also are unable to connect.  

Hi corinamitchell,

Please take a look at our Sure Signal Troubleshooting thread. If this doesn’t resolve your query, please post your reply below including the following information:

Your speed test results from here.

Your ping test results from here.

Your external IP address from here.

The results of a traceroute.

Your Sure Signal serial number:

VSS Traceroute command

On a PC:

Click on Start and select Run

Type CMD into the Run box and press enter/click ok

A black box will appear.

In this box type tracert 212.183.133.177 press Enter

Paste the output of this command into your reply.

This will help us get the quickest possible resolution for you.

Thanks,

Matt B

corinamitchell
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Nice of Vodafone to let us know.  We are in a rural location and rely totally on our Sure Signal.  It's been rubbish for at least a month now, and the last week and a half in particular, it hasn't worked at all.  Not helpful when we are trying to coordinate a family funeral and are waiting for important calls. 

Nice to know I've spent this time resetting, resetting and resetting (or rather I should say 'trying to') the box for no good reason.

Vodafone - have you actually heard of Customer Service?  Absolutely apalling.