cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Sure signal and BT Outage UK wide, really ???

Gilesch
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Just had the priviledge of speaking to India for 30 minutes trying to reset my flashing suresignal, only to be told it is a UK wide problem affecting Suresignal and BT Internet users, and that the engineers are working on it. So to stop you wasting time also, it is apparently work in progress.....

So glad I've just renewed my contract and also spent hours trying to fix this wretched box. Living inthe country with little or  no vodafone signal it is rather usefull!

I would have thought an email or even a service update online was not too much to ask. Not amused.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Ben_H
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi everyone,

The issue with the ISP in question has been resolved.

We've updated our statement to reflect this here.

Many thanks, 

Ben

View solution in original position

49 REPLIES 49

Something must have changed as it was allworking on Thursday last week - So can BT &/or Vodafone restore what ever they changed back. My money is on BT if its only their network affected - I hope someone will post that it is fixed, so we know our units are re-learning what ever they do

That post appears to be locked!!

10% agree with you - SureSignal is normally the only way I get a consistent 3G signal with Voda anywhere. Now it's been down for three days and I've been tearing my hair out. 

Get your act together Vodafone - we live remotely and rely on your box of tricks for our jobs. If it doesn't work, we don't. 

Mine now seems to of connected, how long for I do not know.

Oscars-dad
3: Seeker

I've also been without SS for a few days but have also had problems with one of my tablets dropping off the network so I assumed this was a BT Broadband problem. I spent several hours on the phone to BT "customer support" people yesterday who insisted that changing the wifi channel on my home hub would fix the Sure Signal. I eventually managed to hang up before my will to live had completely disappeared but I may have been permanently scarred.

This morning I was on the phone to Vodafone "customer support" who, in comparison to BT the day before, were verging on the helpful. I was told very quickly that there was an identified issue with all SS connections through BTinternet and that mine, like all the others affected, had not connected to the Vodafone server since the 27th. I was also assured that engineers were working on it and a solution was expected within 24 hours.

She couldn't/wouldn't tell me whether it was BT or Vodafone who were fixing the problem or where the 24 hour figure had come from but I got more sense from her than from BT the day before so I'll not complain too much.

Like most people with a SS, I am severely limited in the work I can do at home while this problem persists. :smileyfrustrated:

luckypants
4: Newbie

FWIW Vodafone have now created a stickied thread (locked of course) on this forum stating there is a problem. Very short on detail but at least now they are admitting there is a fault. Problem Thread

AndrewDenman
Er why don't they just email or text all SS owners and give us status updates? This would manage our expectations better and in my humble opinion make us less angry?

Both fair comment and I couldn't agree more. There is at least a sticky thread on here now stating they are aware of an issue and that it is being worked on. No ETA for a fix yet.

Here is the sticky

I was told that the fix would take 24 hours. That time has been and gone.

Like others I would be far less angry and stressed had they have provided good information in a timely manner. I mean it's not hard is it.

Thank you for this thread!

I too have been trying since Friday to connect a V3 after not having a SS for the last 6 months. Having spent hours waiting for (useless) replies from Vodafone and then running traces and opening ports it seems that there is a problem and it's not me! 

Fingers crossed it works soon and that they let us know!