Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Sure signal and Nexus 4

miller1372us
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

I've move from a Xperia to a Nexus 4 and completed the sim change (to micro).

Phone works fine away from home but won't connect to my Suresignal even though the other phones in the house do. I've resorted to having to walk to to the front of the house to accept calls rather than the normal 5 bars boost I enjoy. The number has stayed the same as its the adminitrator number for the suresignal.

Please advise

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi miller1372,

Just to check, when you changed the ownership of the Sure Signal, did you remember to remove your number and wait to allow the system to pick everything up before re-adding it? You just mention switching it and then switching back and I can't see the number being removed on the system here.

Dave

View solution in original position

17 REPLIES 17

Nabs
17: Community Champion

Hi miller1372us,

The SureSignal uses the serial number of the SIM to authenticate a phone, since you have a new SIM this serial will have changed.

The SureSignal system would normally be automatically updated to reflect this change after a day or so but it sometimes takes a little longer.

If your still having issues after a couple of day the eForum Team will be able to get in touch and force an update for you, that should resolve the issue.

Nabs

Thanks for that.

Thought it would be something to do with the Sim but the site was also down yesterday for managing your Suresignal.

Hope it gets sorted soon as running 2G at the moment whilst at the same time seeing stacks of adverts for 4G!! It's 1998 in my village!!

Nabs

@miller1372us wrote:

Hope it gets sorted soon as running 2G at the moment whilst at the same time seeing stacks of adverts for 4G!!

I feel your pain! 

One of the team will be able to take a look as soon as they can.

Nabs

Sukhi
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi miller1372us

Let us know how you get on.

If you're still having issues let me know your serial number so that I can give the Sure Signal a re sync? :Smiling:

Thanks

Sukhi

Still not running :smileysad:

Serial number is 28364 58323

Thanks

Hi miller1372us,

Please double check the serial number as the one given is incorrect.

They will start 212 or 401.

James

You sure? This is the one I've taken from the new micro SIM

Nabs

@miller1372us wrote:

You sure? This is the one I've taken from the new micro SIM

I think James is looking to the serial number of the SureSignal rather than your SIM.

You should be able to find this on a sticker either on the device itself or on the box it came in

Nabs

Thanks

Have give Vodafone both serial numbers endless times already but to no avail