Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Sure signal and blackberry curve 9320

SimonGF
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi,

I have VSS 2, I have two vodafone mobile phones and as of this week its all gone wrong.

My phone is a iPhone 5 which connects perfectly on VSS 2 - I am the administrator on (removed number for security)

My other phone (for my son) is a Blackberry Curve 9320 (removed number for security). I bought the phone at Christmas on vodafone PAYG, I added it to 'my users' on my VSS 2 and it worked straight away, full 3G signal.

Over the weekend I purchased a vodafone contract for my son, they gave me a new sim card but kept the same mobile phone number. The old PAYG sim was deactivated on Monday (19/03) and the new Pay Monthly Contract sim was inserted into the phone Monday PM. I retained the same mobile number.

I tried the new Pay Monthly sim and noticed it did not have any 3G signal despite the mobile number being registered. The VSS 2 is working fine as my iPhone 5 is receiving full 3G signal.

I phone vodafone customer services who re-registered the mobile number and re-configured the VSS 2 box. I was told it would take between 1 - 6 hours to work so left the phone overnight but come Tuesday morning, still no VSS 2 signal.

Tuesday, I took the phone to work and it receives the normal vodafone 3G network signal and works perfectly.

I came home on Tuesday evening and again, no 3G signal via the VSS 2 despite having a full 3G on my iPhone 5. I phoned vodafone again, this time they ensured me the sim was correct, activated as a Pay Monthly sim, and correctly registered on the VSS 2 box. Again they re-configured the VSS 2 box and I was asked to wait 2 hours, and then remove the battery whilst the phone was connected (in essence to reboot it) and this would, without fail, resolve the issue ?

Strangely, 2 hours took me beyond the customer services closing time, which is handy because I still have no 3G signal from my VSS 2.

What I have noticed is that when the phone is switched on, the signal indicator goes straight up to 5 bars, as if a full 3G signal, only to go immediately and be replaced with the SOS (in red). Yet if i go to a location with a network vodafone mobile signal, it operates perfectly ?

In essence, my Blackberry 9320 is working fine. The VSS 2 seems to be working fine. The VSS 2 and my Blackberry 9320 connected perfectly as a PAYG sim. My VSS 2 and Blackberry 9320 with a Pay Monthly sim just wont connect ?

Please help, this is becoming painful.

Simon.

1 REPLY 1

Retired-Matt_Vo
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi

Please take a look at our Sure Signal Troubleshooting thread. If this doesn’t resolve your query, please post your reply either below, or in the relevant thread, together with the details requested, including the following information.

Your speed test results from here.

Your ping test results from here.

Your external IP address from here.

The results of a traceroute.

Your Sure Signal serial number:

VSS Traceroute command

On a PC:

Click on Start and select Run

Type CMD into the Run box and press enter/click ok

A black box will appear.

In this box type tracert 212.183.133.177 press Enter

Paste the output of this command into your reply.

This will help us get the quickest possible resolution for you.

Thanks

Matt