Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Sure signal and iPhone 4 connectivity issues

Eddlian
1: Seeker

Hi,

I'm posting on behalf of my mum!

I'm having difficulties connecting my mum's iPhone 4. When we registered the sure signal box to her name in 2012, she was able to connect with her iPhone without any problems but I had difficulties connecting with my phone (Samsung galaxy s3). After around 6 weeks of phoning the tech team at Vodafone and trying out different techniques I decided to give up...I complained but the complaint got no where through lack of support at Vodafone. However, my mum could enjoy the benefits of having a sure signal box and recieved full service without any problems.

However, my mum went abroad recently and came back to find that the sure signal box was not working for her! Around this time I realised my signal had been boosted even inside the house...after testing I realised it was because I was connected to sure signal (and still am I think).

I have tried:

-Switching on and off the internet, iPhone and sure signal box

-Ringing Tech support at Vodafone, they re-synced the box (I think twice now)

-De-registering and registering the sure signal box

-Transferring ownership of sure signal from my mum to me, and back again. My mum is still currently the owner.

-I've checked online in her account to see if she has been registered for sure signal, she has.

-I've checked the internet connection, the speed is fast enough to support sure signal (plus the evidence of the fact that my phone can currently connect and my mum's phone has connected in the past....something that the tech support find difficult to grasp believing that it's still a fault with the sure signal box and nothing on their end).

-Turning 'plane mode' on and off again, a few times at different times. This appeared to have no effect. 

Could you please advise? 

Many thanks,

Edd

1 REPLY 1

Ben_H
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi Edd,

Welcome to the eForum.

Take a look at our Sure Signal Troubleshooting thread, and then post back your results if you’re not directed to an existing thread. We'll be happy to pick this up for you both.

Cheers, Ben