Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Sure signal, correct lights on but phone lines all noisy

Juddy17
2: Seeker
2: Seeker
Had to reset my sure signal numerous times recently but now 3 of 4 lights are on (correct ones), whenever we make a call on one of 3 mobiles, the line is terrible, crackly and cutting out. Without suresignal, with low signal, calls are fine.
Tried resetting, leaving for a few days etc. had to originally reset as it keeps cutting router signal, when left unplugged, router is fine.

Had this suresignal for years, can I get a replacement one?
4 REPLIES 4

Jenny
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi Juddy17,

Please take a look at our Sure Signal Troubleshooting thread. If this doesn’t resolve your query, please post your reply either below, or in the relevant thread, together with the details requested, including the following information.

Your speed test results from here.

Your ping test results from here.

Your external IP address from here.

The results of a traceroute.

Your Sure Signal serial number:

VSS Traceroute command

On a PC:

Click on Start and select Run

Type CMD into the Run box and press enter/click ok

A black box will appear.

In this box type tracert 212.183.133.177 press Enter

Paste the output of this command into your reply.

This will help us get the quickest possible resolution for you.

Thanks

Jenny

Anonymous
Not applicable

Anything else active on your network at the time that could be downloading data such as a games console (which will use the maximum bandwidth that is available) or tablet/phone Wi-fi?

These kind of symptoms usually indicate it is fighting for bandwidth (this is true of any VoIP application)

Thank you for the replies. In the house with no other computer, laptop, phone or tv being used - to my knowledge there is nothing else using the wifi router at the time of making the calls. Are the new SureSignals any better than the earlier ones? (I assume so or they would not make them !) I have the older one with 4 green lights on it.

Anonymous
Not applicable

In rhat case you'll need to run the tests that Jenny requested earlier so that they can assess what's occurring at both ends of the connection.

One of the things that the traceroute will show is the latency (delay) which might also be contributing to the problem, if the delay is over 100 ms then sound quality can become choppy and garbled.