Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Sure signal cuts out and restarts - Bt Home Hub 3

pauldodd123
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi all,

Just for others benefits as I struggled for the last month.  Nearlly every hour my surestart would cut out, and spend 10 minutes restarting with the slow flashing light, or the two orange lights, or flashing red light.  Sometimes it would restart by itself, sometimes I would need to reset or switch it off.

This was extremely frustrating.  Interestingly I also had the occassional cut out with my office VPN which started to point me towards the router (Bt home hub 3). I tried port clamping, and putting a switch in between - all to no avail.  Finally I saw a post from the tech team about BT home hub 3, so I upgraded to home hub 4 yesterday, also swapped the new cables in place, and bingo!.  All is now perfect.  No cut outs, no issue with suresignal or VPN.

Just thought I would do my bit for the community and post as I used this forum to try and fix the problem in the first place.

Paul

1 REPLY 1

Retired-Andy
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi Paul,

Many thanks for posting this; it’s great to see confirmation that a change to the Home Hub 4 has fixed your connection issue.

Thanks,

Andrew