Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Sure signal cutting out

vicky51
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

My sure signal box, original version, has stopped working. When I reset it, it connects for a few minutes then cuts out again with just the top light or top 2 lights on. As this is my only means of phoning, I have no phone without the sure signal working so cannot call customer service. Does anyone know if this is a vodafone issue or a faulty sure signal box. 

15 REPLIES 15

I have posted my problem in another thread, but what is happening with my SureSignal is exactly the same as Vicky51s and it stopped working around the same time.

It seems like more than a coincidence that so many people are reporting similar experiences happening at similar times, did VF roll out a dodgy firmware that bricked a lot of devices?

I've been advised to try a new power supply but my device is getting power, the lights come on it runs through the usual start up sequence sometimes getting to the fourth light flashing before reverting to a single power light on solid.

My contract with VF has just ended and to be honest what with poor reception problems in many locations and now this, I think I've had my fill of vodafone, I now have little to no reception at home and I think I'm just going to switch networks.

Rather than spend £100 for the latest Sure Signal, I purchased a new power adapter. The Sure Signal sprung back to life almost instantly with solid 1,2 & 4 lights and all mobiles in the house connected.

The 4G phones would not connect on Network Mode setting of GSM/WCDMA/LTE auto so I changed it to GSM/WCDMA auto and they connected like a treat. As far as I understand all the Sure Signals do not work with 4G. So you will need to do this swap at home and when you leave home.

Strangely enough the trace route still does not connect, see below:

Microsoft Windows [Version 6.3.9600] (c) 2013 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

C:\Users\Jason>tracert 212.183.133.177

Tracing route to cluster4.vap.vodafone.co.uk [212.183.133.177] over a maximum of 30 hops:

1     2 ms     1 ms     1 ms  SkyRouter.Home [192.168.0.1]   2     *        *        *     Request timed out.   3    16 ms    17 ms    15 ms  0278095a.bb.sky.com [2.120.9.90]   4    20 ms    19 ms    18 ms  lndgw2.arcor-ip.net [195.66.224.124]   5    20 ms    17 ms    16 ms  85.205.0.86   6     *        *        *     Request timed out.   7     *        *        *     Request timed out.   8     *        *        *     Request timed out.   9     *        *        *     Request timed out.  10     *        *        *     Request timed out.  11     *        *        *     Request timed out.  12     *        *        *     Request timed out.  13     *        *        *     Request timed out.  14     *        *        *     Request timed out.  15     *        *        *     Request timed out.  16     *        *        *     Request timed out.  17     *        *        *     Request timed out.  18     *        *        *     Request timed out.  19     *        *        *     Request timed out.  20     *        *        *     Request timed out.  21     *        *        *     Request timed out.  22     *        *        *     Request timed out.  23     *        *        *     Request timed out.  24     *        *        *     Request timed out.  25     *        *        *     Request timed out.  26     *        *        *     Request timed out.  27     *        *        *     Request timed out.  28     *        *        *     Request timed out.  29     *        *        *     Request timed out.  30     *        *        *     Request timed out.

Trace complete.

Still not working. Still no response from tech team.

Due to no help coming back from this thread, does anybody think that if I bought a new sure signal, it would work or is something on vodafone's end causing the problem. I don't want to spend £100 and end up with two non functioning units. As all I can do from my end is reset the box I am in vodafones hands and it takes 3 days at least to get a response. With all their billions you'd think they could afford a few more support staff. If they invested in their network we wouldn't need these boxes. 

DaveCD
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@vicky51 

I've checked the serial number and can see that this has been deregistered today.

Please register the Sure Signal and let us know the lights you're seeing.

From your earlier posts it sounds as though the Sure Signal is a low priority in your router settings, this would explain why it comes and goes.

Please set the Sure Signal as a high priority in your router settings. You can also try removing some devices to see if the Sure Signal remains constant.

@chrismuk 

Have you tried the steps as suggested in your earlier post?

@AndroidFamily 

Thanks for letting us know and I'm pleased to see you're now up and running.

DaveCD

The sure signal is not working so I don't understand why you think it is. I have only just deregistered it and registered a new one which I have just bought in desperation but is not connecting yet. My router, as in my previously reply, runs at 70Mps so I don't think it is suffering from other devices slowing it down, besides, I tried it without anything else connected. If this new one does not connect I will have to assume that the problem is at your end because there is no more that I can do from this end.

My sure signal version 3 that I bought today connected within 45 minutes and has stayed on for over 4 hours now. I don't think my old V1 box was faulty, I think it is something vodafone did at their end with their updates stopping it working as I noted tech support mentioning in another post that the V1 hardware is out of date. Anyway, it has cost me £100 but I now have a phone again after 2 weeks as I don't have a landline and am dependant on the sure signal to be connected but it would have been nice if they had told me that the V1 hardware was now out of date instead of letting me do loads of resets in the hope it will work.