Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Sure signal disaster

TF1952
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I have three sure signal boxes which until last week worked perfectly. Then two stopped working. Since then I have spent hours speaking to the technical helpline asking and getting advice (useless ) about how to cure this problem. Finally today I have received news which confirms my view that Vodafone is the worlds most useless company. At some stage last week they "upgraded" the Sure Signal box software which means that you can no longer have more than one sure signal box attached to one router. If you want more than one ss box you have to buy another router which then has to be hard wired back to the router ( at least that is what my isp told me).

So as a result of this "upgrade " I have now wasted £100 on each of the redundant routers , spent hours on the phone trying to sort out an unsolvable issue and most importantly of all there is only one room in the house which can receive mobile signals - my office or my wife's ?

3 REPLIES 3

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi @TF1952

That's something very new !

When someone asks if they can have more than one ss in a property the generic response is yes as long as the broadband speeds support it. 

Please wait for one of the Vodafone Support Team here to catch up with your thread. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Spent hours talking to a senior technical adviser who assured me that it is correct but who knows when you are dealing with this company

Jenny
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@TF1952 - If you’re using two Sure Signals (especially if they’re close and within each other’s range), this can cause problems. Any updates sent by us to your router, will often only be forwarded onto 1 of the devices.

The same can happen the other way round too – so when they’re all trying to connect, only 1 will make it to our servers.

I’m afraid we can’t guarantee that a second Sure Signal will work, whilst in the same area as the first.