Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Sure signal doesn't recognise new phone

danglebits
2: Seeker

Hi there, I hope someone can help please. I have been using a sure signal for many years without any problems. My phone is on a business account and has just been upgraded to a Samsung Ativ S with the same phone number but a new smaller sim. As the sure signal was set up years ago by an IT chap who has since left, nobody has access to update it. Is it possible to update remotely? The serial number is 212244905054 

Thank you in advance

DJ

6 REPLIES 6

danglebits

Sorry, serial number was wrong on previous post, it should be 21224490504

Hi,

Please take a look at our Sure Signal Troubleshooting thread. If this doesn’t resolve your query, please post your reply either below, or in the relevant thread, together with the details requested, including the following information.

Your speed test results from here.
Your ping test results from here.
Your external IP address from here.
The results of a traceroute.

Your Sure Signal serial number:

VSS Traceroute command

On a PC:
Click on Start and select Run
Type CMD into the Run box and press enter/click ok
A black box will appear.
In this box type tracert 212.183.133.177 press Enter
Paste the output of this command into your reply.

This will help us get the quickest possible resolution for you.

Thanks

LeeH

I checked troubleshooting threads before posting, no answers there. 

Hi danglebits,

Not even this bit, taken from the troubleshooting?

"Has Your SIM recently been replaced?

When a SIM is changed it can take up to 2 hours for the Sure Signal to recognise this and during this period, you won't be able to pick up any signal from the Sure Signal.

If you still experience issues after this time, you'll need to remove the affected number from your Sure Signal and then add it back on via My Account

If the affected number is the owner of the Sure Signal, you'll need to temporarily transfer the ownership to another number and then remove and re-add the affected number. This can be done by clicking ‘Change Owner’ on the Sure Signal Dashboard.

The new owner will then need to log in to their My Account profile and accept the ownership request, before removing and re-adding the number. Once this has been completed then the ownership can be transferred back to the original number."

Give that a go for me :Winking_smiley:

LeeH

I don't have access to the account to make any changes. 

Hi danglebits, 

You'll need to speak to your Business account manager to see who the Sure Signal is registered to. 

Whoever it is registered to will then need to email us so that we can help further. 

Take a look here for how to get in touch.

Thanks,

Kay