Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Sure signal iPhone 5

Vickialabaraba
2: Seeker
2: Seeker
I have had an iPhone 5 for about two months now and the signal strength varies from 3 bars at the most to no service where as with my precious blackberry I had full signal all of the time. I have tried resetting the sure signal, turning it off and re booting it, tried the aeroplane mode on my phone, powered off my phone and on again with no luck . My number had remained the same. From the reading I have done maybe. Re sync from your end would fix it? The series number of my sure signal is 21231323391.
Thanks.
7 REPLIES 7

Retired-Kay
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi Vickialabaraba, 

I can see that it was showing a location change which hadn't completed, this could be why it hasn't been working. 

I've changed the location for you and also done a resync, please reset the Sure Signal to make sure this completes;

-Hold in the reset button until all lights go solid

-Pull the power lead out with the reset button still pushed in

-Continue to hold down the reset button and reconnect the power lead

-Wait for all lights to come on and then release the reset button

Thanks, 

Kay

Thanks Kay.
It did work better for a few days but then our electricity went off and since it has come back on it has stopped working again. Only the power light is on. I have tried resetting it a few times but no luck. Does it need another re-sync do you think?
The serial number is 21231323391.
Thanks

Sukhi
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi Vickialabaraba

We can try another re-sync :Smiling: 

Factory reset by following Kay's steps and let us know how you get on.

Thanks

Sukhi

Still having problems!
All lights are now on apart from the phone one. I have again tried resetting several times with no success.
What next?

Ben_H
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi Vickialabaraba,

Thanks for the update. There are two quick tests you can do to rule out a SIM or Sure Signal unit fault:

1. Can you de-register your Sure Signal completely from your log in? Leave it about an hour between de-registration and registering again to make sure the change is picked up. You can also try changing your postcode temporarily to ST1 5GP.
  2. If that doesn't help, can you try testing your Sure Signal on another internet connection at a neighbour, friend or relatives house? You need only test it for 2 hours or so. 

Once you've done this, can you let me know the outcome? 

Cheers, Ben

Hi Ben,

I have de registered and re registered as advised. I have not re set it. There are 3 solid lights and the phone light is flashing where as before it was not on at all. Is this functioning as it should now?
Signal strength is 3 bars to full signal in varying places within the house.

Thanks,
Vicki

Hi Vicki,

Your Sure Signal is working 100% for you.

The flashing phone light means there’s a call or internet connection in progress.

Thanks,

Andrew