Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Sure signal/iphone 5

cindy
1: Seeker

Hi,

I've just upgraded to a iphone 5 and its not working with my sure signal. I've read several posts on here about others having same problem and that the sure signal needs re-syncing? My serial number is 21228584344.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

allegoricus
13: Advanced Member

"I've just upgraded to a iphone 5 and its not working with my sure signal. I've read several posts on here about others having same problem and that the sure signal needs re-syncing? My serial number is 21228584344."

Hi Cindy,

Your new phone means a new sim. The VSS system needs to associate your phone number (which is really just an alias) with the new sim. This can take a while.

HTH,

Peter

Peter

View solution in original position

47 REPLIES 47

allegoricus
13: Advanced Member

"I've just upgraded to a iphone 5 and its not working with my sure signal. I've read several posts on here about others having same problem and that the sure signal needs re-syncing? My serial number is 21228584344."

Hi Cindy,

Your new phone means a new sim. The VSS system needs to associate your phone number (which is really just an alias) with the new sim. This can take a while.

HTH,

Peter

Peter

Hi,

Thanks, it is now working.

Thanks again.

Hi

Im getting this error when registering my new iphone 5

Sorry we are not able to process your request because of following errors in your form.

• Sorry. You can only add users who have a Vodafone mobile phone number. This will start with 07, and have 11 digits.
  • You're already added this person to your Sure Signal. If you'd like to add someone else, please choose another person.

Above checked and not the problem, number is correct and defo voda !

serial number 40110943723

can you re regsiter from your end ?

Hi nickrroo,

I think I can see the reason. :smileyhappy:

Looking at this Sure Signal on our system, the number you've been trying to add is already registered as the owner number for this Sure Signal - you can't register it without first de-registering it!

As the owner number, do you have anyone else or any other number the ownership can be transferred to? If you can, make them the owner, then once confirmed remove your number, leave it about an hour and then re-add it.

If you don't de-register the Sure Signal itself, again wait for about an hour and then re-register it as new. Once it's up and running, re-add any numbers onto it.

Dave

Lpm
2: Seeker
I have the same problem. My sure signal isn't working for my iPhone 5. It is working on my Sony Ericsson. The iPhone was a number brought across from 3 could this be causing the issue with recognising the SIM? I have had the new phone 3 weeks now

cj_813

Hi,

I'm also having problems since upgrading to an I-phone 5. My phone moves between 4 bars and no service, gives call failed 19 times out of 20 when I try to make a call and goes straight to voicemail when people call me without showing as a missed call. 

So far I have:

removed my number from the device, reentered it and waited 2 hours for it to work

removed my number from the device, reentered it and waited 2 days for it to work

after 30 minutes on the phone (landline) and 4 transfers to people who could help me I was asked to move out of range of the signal and reset my network settings on the phone and then waited 2 hours for it to work

All to no avail so if there is anything that can be done, I'd welcome it.

The serial number for the device is: 40123631786

Thanks - Chris

Retired-James
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi Lpm,

Can you confirm if you are having trouble adding the number to the Sure Signal or have you got it added but it won’t pick up the SIM in the iPhone 5?

Also if you can let me know your serial number I can check the registration for you?

@ cj_813, I’ve taken a look at the registration for you and everything looks fine, assuming that your other phones can connect we can assume that everything is setup as it should be.

We have noticed that an iPhone 5 can sometimes take a little longer than other phones to connect due to the difference in the SIM cards although this is normally live within 48 hours.

Due to this I have re-synced the unit for you, please can you also put the iPhone 5 into aeroplane mode for 30 seconds and then back into phone mode to see if this resolves the issue for you.

James

James,

I have switched to airplane mode and also switched off totally for 5 minutes. I still can't make or recieve calls either call failed or straight to voicemail for me.

It's getting difficult for me now.

Chris

Ben_H
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi cj_813,

Thanks for updating. As James said, with the Nano SIM we have seen registration take longer to process on the system. I understand it's frustrating having to wait, especially when the other phones are working fine. If the 48 hours passes and you're still no further forward, we may have to consider a repair on your phone instead. 

Can you keep us posted for me? 

Cheers, Ben