Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Sure signal/iphone 5

cindy
1: Seeker

Hi,

I've just upgraded to a iphone 5 and its not working with my sure signal. I've read several posts on here about others having same problem and that the sure signal needs re-syncing? My serial number is 21228584344.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

allegoricus
13: Advanced Member

"I've just upgraded to a iphone 5 and its not working with my sure signal. I've read several posts on here about others having same problem and that the sure signal needs re-syncing? My serial number is 21228584344."

Hi Cindy,

Your new phone means a new sim. The VSS system needs to associate your phone number (which is really just an alias) with the new sim. This can take a while.

HTH,

Peter

Peter

View solution in original position

47 REPLIES 47

My serial number is 40112552712

It took a few days after changing the number across to register as a Sure Signal number but it has been registered a few weeks now. I have also unregistered by sure signal and re-registered it twice as I seem this was recommended here also but as yet have had no success

Retired-PaulE
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi Lpm, 

Thanks for your serial number - everything looks ok but I've pushed another resynch through anyway - can you reset your unit for me and let me know how you get on? 

• Locate the button on the base of the box next to the Ethernet ports.
  • Press and hold the button for approximately 30 seconds.
  • Once the lights come back on, release the button.
  • The Sure Signal will come online in around 1 hour.

Paul 

Hi there, I have just upgraded to a new iphone 5 purchassed from the Vodafone shop in Portsmouth where John was very helpful with new SIM and copying over contacts etc.

However coming home find I can't get a signal.... I have 'No Service'.

I followed the recommendations from various posts and I have

- deleted and added my number back into the Sure Signal user list (as I was owner I had to transfer to my wife, use her sign-on to delete and add then transfer back)

- have done a reset of the sure signal box with the 'hold/unplug/replug/hold' scenario

All to no avail.

Is there something you can help with?

Many thanks.

Bill

Retired-Andy
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi bilgeon,

I’ve checked through your posts and have found your serial number here. Your Sure Signal connected to our servers yesterday at 17:35 and to make sure it’s up-to-date, I’ve just resynced it for you. To make sure the resync completes, can you perform a factory reset:-

• Hold down the reset button until all the lights show/flash (about 30 seconds)
  • Keeping the reset button held down, remove then re-insert the power lead.
  • Once all lights display release the reset button.

Let me know how you go on.

Thanks

Andrew

Hi Andrew, just got back home and everything appears to be working properly now... probably the best it has been. Looks like the resynch worked. I'll hold back on the factory reset at this end unless I get other problems. Thanks for the prompt reply.

Cheers

Bill

Ian101
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hello, 

I recently upgraded my iphone 4 to the 5, now i cant get a signal through the sure signal but all other phones are still working..i have rebooted the system several times but no luck, can you re-sync my sure signal?

Serial number: 21221620319

Thanks

Retired-Lee
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi there Ian101,

I've forced the resync for you but could you please try the suggestions here if that doesn't fix it?

Thanks,

LeeH

drworld88
4: Newbie

Hi

I have an iphone 5 which used to connect to my VSS but no longer does. Nothing has changed with it. All other phones registered work ok. Would a re-sync solve this?

VSS serial number: 40123235034.

Regards

Doug

Hi drworld88,

It certainly might!

I've done one now for you. To pick up the change, you'll need to do a factory reset of the Sure Signal:

For Sure Signal version 1 or 2:

• Hold down the reset button until all the lights show (about 30 seconds)
  • Keeping the reset button held down, remove then re-insert the power lead.
  • Once all lights display release the reset button.

For Sure Signal version 3:

• Locate the button on the base of the box next to the Ethernet ports.
  • Press and hold the button for approximately 30 seconds.
  • Once the lights come back on, release the button.

Dave

If I've helped at all today, why not leave me a little feedback?

Hi Dave

Your re-sync and my factory reset seems to have got everything working ok again.

Many thanks.