Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Sure signal is already registered

krisffield
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I have bought a second hand Sure signal and I am not able to register it. When trying to register it I get a message saying that the serial number it is already registered. The serial number is 21227727787. I have been told by technical support yesterday that the box it is registerd to the previous owner and she has to call Vodafone in order to de-register it.The person I bought it from says that she called customer service and was told that because her account is canceled the Sure box is automatically de-registered.(She registered the box 2010) .But still I am not able to register it.

Can you please check to see if 21227727787 is still registered or not? Thank you!

2 REPLIES 2

drey_p
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

Hi there

The original owner will need to post on this forum in order to get the SureSignal device deregistered.  Unfortunately it is not automatically deregistered when an account is shut down - it can be deregistered through the online My Account facility before the account is shut down.  Once the account has been shut down, one of the eForum Team will be able to assist but will require the orignal owner to get in touch with them on here.

PWIAC

AnnS
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hello krisffield

For data protection reasons, the Sure Signal has to be deregistered against the user who had the devise registered to their account.  Even if the account has been closed, Vodafone will still be able to access the account and deregister the Sure Signal.

Vodafone will be unable to check whether the Sure Signal is still registrered or give you any information.

There are some previous thread on the forum which will help, here is one but there are more.

http://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/Vodafone-Sure-Signal/Already-registered-Sure-signal/td-p/1281496