Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Sure signal just stopped after 2 years!

Jdrover1967
2: Seeker

Hi - I have a BT internet bandwidth and router. My sure signal has always worked fine but at aorund11am today it just stopped. I have tried all the reboots etc but it just tries to set up but then all goes blank except for the red power light. Is this a system wide problem or is my sure signal broken???

Please help ASAP as I have no other mobile signal!!!

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4

Jdrover1967

It is a sure signal 2 I think and the serial number is 40110433303

It has always worked perfectly over the last 3 years so what's gone wrong?

Help!!

Jdrover1967

This morning I tried again. turned the unit off at the wall, waited 30 seconds and turned on again. Red power light came on and both white lights for 2 seconds. Then just the red power light for about a minute. Then red power on and both white lights on flashing on off for around 5-10 minutes then nothing - just the red power light.

Nothing has changed at my end - broadband as before - what's going on?? I need a signal!!

Help

John

Jdrover1967

OK I rang a clever neighbour!

We turned off the router and let it "cool" for 10  minutes - same with Sure Signal. then turrned back on router and when it was up and running I turned on Sure Signal again. It took another 15 minutes to acquire a signal again but works - hooray!!

Take out from all that is to turn it all off AND LEAVE TURNED OFF for a good 10 minutes. Why - I have no idea!!!

Hi Jdrover1967, 

Apologies for the delay in picking up your post.

Thank you for letting us know it's now working. :smileyhappy:

Kay