Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Sure signal keeps disconnecting

charlesr
4: Newbie

My SS has been great for months and months. But now it has started resetting often, sometimes within minutes of the previous reset. When it happens, the "ethernet connected" light on the router turns off for the SS port.

In fact as I type, it's doing it again. The port light on the router went off and then on again and then on again within the space of 10 seconds. Then the SS lights go off and then it reconnects itself after a couple of minutes and normal service is resumed until it falls over again.

Nothing has changed. Everything else works fine. Any ideas?

5 REPLIES 5

Retired-Andy
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi charlesr,

Please take a look at our Sure Signal Troubleshooting thread. If this doesn’t resolve your query, please post your reply either below, or in the relevant thread, together with the details requested, including the following information.

Your speed test results from here.
Your ping test results from here.
Your external IP address from here.
The results of a traceroute.
Your Sure Signal serial number:

VSS Traceroute command

On a PC:

Click on Start and select Run
Type CMD into the Run box and press enter/click ok
A black box will appear.
In this box type tracert 212.183.133.177 press Enter
Paste the output of this command into your reply.

This will help us get the quickest possible resolution for you.

Thanks

Andrew

Thanks Andrew!

When the SS is connected, it works fine.

Speedtest: http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/2888262886

6.7down 0.69up

Pingtest: http://www.pingtest.net/result/84769480.png

A, 24ms, 3ms jitter

IP: 77.107.158.25

Clipboard01.gif

Ben_H
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi charlesr,

Thanks for the details so far! As Andrew mentioned above, could we grab your Sure Signal serial number too so we can check our servers to see if we can spot anything here?

Also have you had a chance to test another Ethernet cable so we can rule out a hardware issue? 

Cheers, Ben

When I woke up this morning, it's has nothing except the power light. :Sad_face:

Serial is 40114614023

I'll try a new ethernet cable, but if you could meanwhile check at your end, that would be grand. Thanks.

Hi charlesr,

Everything looks fine from this end so a quick reset should have you back up and running in next to no time.

In the meantime, I’ve also re-synced it form our end for you.

James