Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Sure signal needing re-synced

fatboymicrochip
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi

Recently, after having my sim exchanged for a new sim (same number) my sure signal stopped working for my phone.  The other phones are fine and a previous technical support issue raised in-store by myself when a similar thing happened with one of my other phones, resulted in the sure signal being replaced.  At the time they tried deregistering and registering and a factory reset but those didn't work.

This time, from visiting the forums and browsing similar issues, it seems that getting tech support to de-sync my sure signal and then do a factory reset myself should be the solution, not replacing the sure signal.  Being unable to speak on the phone at the moment (medical) I tried asking via live chat for my suresignal to be re-synced but they said they were not able to help and that I had to call technical support when I was able.  Since this isn't going to potentially be for weeks I'm not prepared to wait to be able to do this.

Can someone in tech support arrange for my sure signal to be de-synced so that I can do the factory reset and hopefully get my phone coverage back?  My sure signal serial is 40123744191.

Thanks

Ivan

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Retired-Matt_B
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi fatboymicrochip,

Please deregister the current Sure Signal and then re-register it.

This should help resolve the issue. 

Please let us know how you get on.

Thanks,

Matt B

View solution in original position

4 REPLIES 4

Retired-Matt_B
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi fatboymicrochip,

Please deregister the current Sure Signal and then re-register it.

This should help resolve the issue. 

Please let us know how you get on.

Thanks,

Matt B

Hi Matt

This has been tried when I had the issue previously with a SIM being replaced with a smaller SIM but keeping the same number.  Deregistering and registering again didn't work and in the end the shop exchanged the sure signal for a new one, which worked without issue.  Deregistering the last time caused no end of woe for my other numbers so I was loathe to try it again, but have done now.

I de-registered about 5 minutes ago and tried registering the device again which succeeded on the second go (first go gave the error message "Sorry. We couldn't add one or more of the users to your Sure Signal. Please check their details and try again.").  I powered down my phone, removed the battery and SIM for a minute, then put them back in and restarted.  My main phone is registering ok with the sure signal.

However, I added two other phones (ones which were previously registered ok) and they both received the text message saying they could now use my sure signal but they're not hooking on to the sure signal bubble.  Nothing has changed with the handsets, settings or SIMs, and I've tried powering them down in the same way as my main phone and powering them up again but to no avail.  I have also tried power cycling the sure signal unit but that hasn't worked either.

I am leaving the numbers as registered users for the time being as I don't want to interrupt something that might be happening behind the scenes that I don't know about.  What would you recommend?

If one or both do end up successfully connecting I will update this post.

Thanks

Ivan

Hi Matt

Update.  It looks like waiting overnight has saw the devices both connect to the sure signal.  Everyone's a happy camper for now.

Thanks

Ivan

Phil
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

That's great news fatboymicrochip.  

Thanks for letting us know you're up and running. 

Phil