Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Sure signal needing re-synced

grwebb
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hello Support.

I have a new SIM-same number which failed to connect to the VSS. The VSS was working fine before the new sim

I tried resetting it, then registered it to my account after deactivating it from my husbands account, so mine is now the only number associated, but after three days the LEDS are still flashing (the status shows 'active' on my account: Power LED on, both white LED's flashing).

Do I need a re-sync? I have spoken to 191 who told me to hold the phone next to the box and turn the phone on then off again. I dont think they really got the issue, and I couldnt make the gentleman understand that it was the VSS not connecting rather than the phone not connecting to the VSS.

Support, I would be grateful if you could re sync me please Smiley Happy

VSS Ser No:-40122915263

Thank you in anticipation.......

2 REPLIES 2

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi,

When a sim swap has been processed to replace a SIM card it's recommended to de register thst number for st least 24 hours. 

Then re register and reboot the phone by turning it Off and On. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

IThank you for the reply

I have been speaking to 191, who advised me to use live chat who suggested I speak to 191.

191 said they have re-registered the sim so it should work within the hour (Three days ago).

Deactivate number, set different mobile number as main number, set original number as main. Do reset, wait 24 hours repeat ad infinitum.

Box still flashing. getting nowhere. So very frustrating.

I will deactivate the main number for 24 hours as suggested and re-boot the phone. I have nil confidence that this will sesolve the issue.

We also have an EE signal box at home which is faultless. It connects and is useable within 5 minutes of power-up. You dont have to register it or register any mobile numbers to it. Such a simple solution. Vodafone take note!!