cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Sure signal not working. advisers keep saying it will work in 24hours but it doesn't

rhian_eleri
2: Seeker

My sure signal is not working, i have spoke to several diffenet advisers on the phone and on chat. This is no short process as you have to explaine the problem and go through the security checks each time. Once i have explained the problem that my sure signal isnt working they say that they have performed a resest and that it will be working in 24hours. After 24 hours its not working and i get intouch again and go through the same process. I have asked the advisers is it broken if so i will purchase a new sure signal but each time they say not its not broken. Its getting rather fustraing as this has been going on for over a week and i am without phone signal in the house. does any 1 have any suggestions on what i need to do to get it fixed or speak to someone who can atually fix it. 

6 REPLIES 6

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hello. 

Please take a look through these Sure Signal Trouble Shooting threads :

https://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/Vodafone-Sure-Signal/Vodafone-Sure-Signal-troubleshooting/td-p/23917...

as these may help to resolve issues. They have links to the key things you can do to try and self resolve the issue you are experiencing.

Sure Signal FAQs link.

Please Note : If the Sure Signal displays ANY signs of internal failure / no lights then unplug it straightaway and contact Vodafone Customer Services.

The Sure Signal has a 24 month manufacturing warranty. 

It may also be worth trying a different power supply with the SureSignal (Version 1 & 2 ), as there have been some reports of replacement power supplies solving the issues. Even if lights / power are showing. They are available on eBay for around £10. From member cineriv "But firstly, have a look around for a suitable unit with a 12 Volt output @ around 1.5Amp capacity that you could 'borrow' to prove the fault. Suitable units can be found on external hard drives, monitors, printers, routers etc.etc."

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

I've got exactly the same problem.
I replaced old iPhone 5 with iPhone 6 & tried to change registry on suresignal. Old blackberry still worked, but new iPhone 6 didn't. And still doesn't. I've spent MANY hours on LIVECHAT with no explanation. I even bought a new suresignal and that doesn't work either. It just flashes "setting up" or "can't access Vodafone". Also, website won't allow new users to be added.
Feedback is wholly unacceptable.
The solution, of course, is to provide a better signal. BTW, I live in central London.
Old serial no. 21196953414 . New serial no. 42164450118

Broken54

My sure signal is also not working. Vodafone help desk are any thing but helpful.  My advice is to leave Vodafone at the earliest opportunity.  They are failing in their contractual duties to their customers and clearly don't care.  Help centre staff seem unable to give a sensible answer to the problem and revert to their default suggestion to switch off and restart with a promise that all be well in a few hours.  They are in denial and it is very very frustrating.

Agreed. Class action needs to taken.

Carly
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@rhian_eleri

The Sure Signal error should now be resolved.

Please deregister then re-register this, then allow 24 hours for the system to update with your details.

Let us know how you get on.

gsmsecure
12: Established
12: Established
Are any of these failures due to a dead SureSignal in that there are no lights on or are you trying to register a replacement for a dead unit you have paid for?

If so, please read the following post

https://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/Vodafone-Sure-Signal/Suresignal-V3-Overheated-Blew-Up-Exploded-Hot-B...

It is important to report all failed SureSignal V3 using the links below to:

BBC's Watchdog: https://ssl.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b006mg74/contact

Trading Standards: Call them on 0345 4 040506

Vodafone CEO: http://www.ceoemail.com -  (Search Vodafone UK)