Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Sure signal not working even after resetting

annajon9367
2: Seeker

Help please!

I have got used to having to reset the suresignal box every week or so in order to get it to work again. But despite resetting the box numerous times this morning I am still unable to get it back up and running. The power light is constant and the second light is flashing.

We have had the box for 1.5 years so do not understand why it has stop working.

Serial number: 21228228371

Many thanks

32 REPLIES 32

Hi LynseyTollerton,

The firmware for your Sure Signal is out of date.

As such, I've now requested for an update to be sent out to it. Please leave your Sure Signal plugged in for the next 24 hours and do not reset it within this time.

To complete the process, follow the steps below:

• Hold down the reset button until all the lights show (about 30 seconds) keeping the reset button held down.
  • Remove then re-insert the power lead.
  • Once all lights display release the reset button.

Thanks,

Matt B

KatharineHarris
My Sure Signal has been working perfectly until about last weekend. Today, despite resetting several times (and resetting wireless router and unplugging everything etc) it is still not working. The red light flashes and only two icons are showing with orange light. The round-the-world symbol is not showing. My serial number 40130612084
Can you help? Thanks in advance Katharine

Hi Katharine,

I've requested new firmware to be sent out.

Please leave your Sure Signal plugged in for the next 24 hours and do not reset it within this time.

To complete the process, follow the steps below:

1. Hold down the reset button until all the lights show (about 30 seconds) keeping the reset button held down
  2. Remove then re-insert the power lead
  3. Once all lights display release the reset button

Thanks,

Ian

Bin

Hi, my sure signal has stopped working after a few years without trouble.

think it is the type 2 unit

lights as follows 1. red bar assumed power; 2. 1/2 circle half power bars?; 3. phone in circle

normal mode now is constant light  nr 1, and flashing light nr 2 nothing on light 3 - NO SIGNAL

if i do a reset it starts flashing both lights 2 and 3 for awhile but always reverts to flashing light 2. red power indicator light always on.

when i reset i cannot get all lights to illuminate steady no matter how long i hold the reset button. it cycles with red power light and nothing and about every minute the red light goes off and the other two flash briefly in rapid succession and then back to soild red light for another minute before repeating this sequence.

serial nr is 40112506817

Our sure signal has not been working since Sunday. (4 days now)

Red power light constantly on.

Next light along constantly flashing.

No other lights.

Have tried all forms of resetting-none work.

Serial no: 40120157686

Please help with this issue as we have no signal at all in the area without the sure signal box.

Hi Tech Team

Serial: 40111007197 is misbehaving

Phone and reception indicators flash after each reset but i am not getting signal after 2 hrs.

Its been working fine for about 4 years.

MTR / Traceroute finds 212.183.133.177 (less than 180ms latency)

Retired-Matt_B
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi everyone,

Please take a look at our Sure Signal Troubleshooting thread. If this doesn’t resolve your query, please post your replies below including the following information:

Your speed test results from here.

Your ping test results from here.

Your external IP address from here.

The results of a traceroute.

Your Sure Signal serial number:

VSS Traceroute command

On a PC:

Click on Start and select Run

Type CMD into the Run box and press enter/click ok

A black box will appear.

In this box type tracert 212.183.133.177 press Enter

Paste the output of this command into your reply.

This will help us get the quickest possible resolution for you.

Thanks,

Matt B

iancooperman
3: Seeker
Hello, I've read a few posts on here which talk about a re-sync. My VSS (s/n 40120905134) no longer allows my Nokia Lumia 930 to connect. The lights look okay on the front too. Could somebody from Vodafone take a look to see off it's registered okay and re-sync I'd required.

Many thanks, Ian.

Hi @iancooperman  

Please take a look at our Sure Signal Troubleshooting thread. If this doesn’t resolve your query, please post your reply either below, or in the relevant thread, together with the details requested, including the following information.

Your speed test results from here.

Your ping test results from here.

Your external IP address from here.

The results of a traceroute.

Your Sure Signal serial number:

VSS Traceroute command

On a PC:

Click on Start and select Run

Type CMD into the Run box and press enter/click ok

A black box will appear.

In this box type tracert 212.183.133.177 press Enter

Paste the output of this command into your reply.

This will help us get the quickest possible resolution for you.

Thanks,

Amanda

iancooperman
Hi @Amanda, the odd thing is, only my phone won't connect, all other registered users connect fine, i.e Full Signal. Is it possible for it to not like my new SIM. I should also say we have the same model phone so can't be this.

Ian.