Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Sure signal not working even after resetting

annajon9367
2: Seeker

Help please!

I have got used to having to reset the suresignal box every week or so in order to get it to work again. But despite resetting the box numerous times this morning I am still unable to get it back up and running. The power light is constant and the second light is flashing.

We have had the box for 1.5 years so do not understand why it has stop working.

Serial number: 21228228371

Many thanks

32 REPLIES 32

Retired-Wayne
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi annajon9367 and welcome to the eForum

I’m sorry to hear that you are having trouble with this. I appreciate how frustrating this must be for you.

I can see that your Sure Signal made a connection to the network at 18:00 yesterday. I’ve just resync’d your device too so can you tell me if this is now working?

Thanks

Wayne

Hi Tech Team,

Please can you help with my reset - it isn't completing with the straightforward button push (I've done this before and it worked so I'm unsure why not this time).

My serial number is 40110717903.

Thanks,

DR

Retired-James
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi DR1983,

Thanks for your post here.

I have taken a look at your Sur signal for you and can see that it connected to the server last night.

However I have also re-synced the Sure Signal for you this morning please can you do a reset by using the following instructions;

VSS Factory Reset

Hold down the reset button until all the lights show (about 30 seconds)

Keeping the reset button held down, remove then re-insert the power lead.

Once all lights display release the reset button.

The Sure Signal will come online in around 1 hour.

If this still doesn’t work, please let me know the light sequence that you are seeing on the Sur signal and we will be able to assist you further.

James

Hi i have bought a sure signal v3 from ebay the seller assured me that it had been deregistered due to him not using it for 3 months but unfortunately its still saying its registered when i am trying to register it i have spoken to the seller and he said he has spoken with vodafone but still its saying registered the serial number is 40132326931 please can you help me resolve this  thanks

Retired-Dave
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi jim5186,

Whilst I can't go into specifics due to account security, I can confirm that the Sure Signal is currently registered.

If you haven't managed to register it yourself since posting, you'll need to ask the original owner to contact us.

Dave

Hi there,

Have tried resetting on numerous occasions (Sure signal V1) to no avail. Have now had no phone signal at home for best part of 2 weeks. Can't phone 191 from my mobile as I have no signal. Please help!

S/N 21197021906

Thanks,

Zoe

Retired-Dave
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi ZoeCon,

Give this amended reset a go. This will resync the Sure Signal with our servers:

- Unplug the ethernet cable from the Sure Signal

- Hold down the reset button until all the lights show (about 30 seconds)

- Keeping the reset button held down, remove then re-insert the power lead.

- Once all lights display release the reset button.

- Plug the cable back in

- Allow around one hour for the Sure Signal to come back online.

If that doesn't sort it, confirm the following so we can get a better picture:

- Your speed test results from here.

- Your ping test results from here.
 - Your external IP address from here.

- What light sequence you're seeing on the Sure Signal

Also, run a traceroute and past the results here.

On a PC

- Click on Start and select Run.

- Type CMD into the Run box and press enter/click ok.

- A black box will appear.

- In this box type tracert 212.183.133.177 and press Enter.

On a Mac

- Open Terminal (Applications, Utilities).

- Type traceroute 212.183.133.177 and press Enter.

Dave

togsy8591
Hi George I have checked and done everything in the 'New Sure Signal - Steady Power Light Only' Forum entry to no avail. The only thing I have not been able to do is the 'hard reset'. On trying to do this, the lights never come on solidly but after about 20 or 30 seconds of holding the reset button in the red light goes off, the system and phone light flash extremely quickly and then the solid red light comes on again. If the reset button is held in, this sequence just repeats again and again and once it is released nothing happens. I have tried unplugging and re-plugging in the power after the flashes but only the red light ever comes on. A short press of the reset button does nothing either. The only thing that seems to have any effect is unplugging the unit, waiting a few seconds then plugging it back in. This leads to the unit beginning its auto configuration and the system and phone lights duly flash for a few minutes (the lights on the router also flash showing that something is going on), then stop leaving just the red light on. The unit does not then retry to configure itself as it did in the past, it just sits there with its red light on. Yesterday I even phoned some far off land (it would be great to have technical support from UK based, English speaking people!) to get the box re-synced but this morning it was just sitting there with the red light on still. I am not sure how long it hasn't been working properly but since the summer my HTC Explorer battery has been running down very quickly and the lack of signal could be the cause as it searches for a decent signal. I can get no signal or next to no signal without the Sure Signal in my office at home, where I spend most of my days, despite living in an area that is supposed to have a fairly strong signal, which is why I was provided with this box in the first place. My Sure Signal Serial Number is 40120258617, does it show up at your end? It is attached to a Virgin Media Super Hub VMDG480, which was installed as a replacement for a defective modem also in the summer, so there is a chance this could be the cause. Do you have any suggestions on what else I could try or is another replacement in order. I look forward to hearing from you. Will it be by Email or on the forum? An Email would be appreciated. Regards Keith Turner

Hi there togsy8591,

Thanks for your post.

A factory reset should be completed as follows:

• Hold the reset button till all the lights come on or flash (about 30 seconds)
  • Keeping the reset button held, remove and re-insert the power lead
  • Once all the lights come on or flash, release the reset button
  • The VSS should come online within the hour

Are you able to try the VSS on another connection such as at a friend or relative's house?

Cheers,

LeeH