Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Sure signal not working since outage

Chotalia
4: Newbie

Hi

My sure signal (v2) has not worked since Saturday. I have called up 3 times now to try and get it fixed.

I called on Saturday and spoke to someone in technical support who asked me to do a master reset and they pushed a new firmware to my unit. He then said to wait for 6 hours and call back if it still didn't work. I waited till Sunday evening and it still didn't work.

I then called again on Sunday and was told my an agent that there was an outage and to wait upto 48 hours. I waited 4 days before calling back.

Yesterday (30th Oct) I called again and the agent said he was seeing dropped internet connections but we have not experienced any internet problems. He said they would make a change at their end and then after an hour to unplug the unit and then plug it back.

I did this and it is still not working. I really need this fixed as my wife is pregnant and due in 4 weeks and I need her to be able to contact me.

The sure signal was working fine up until Saturday. Then there was an outage and now my sure signal is not working.

How is this going to be resolved? Again, I stress that I need this working as my wife is pregnant and due in 4 weeks and I need her to be able to contact me. I think this needs to be fixed or replaced as the outage has caused my sure signal to fail.

Regards

Rakesh

11 REPLIES 11

Chotalia
4: Newbie
That has already been done. If you read my earlier posts I have already done the port forwarding.

Please check all responses before replying with the standard response and passing it back to the customer. Just makes it look like anyone can do what you do, copy and paste an answer from a script.

Hi @Chotalia

Everything looks fine at our end. I’ve checked the static IP assigned and it’s on the whitelist.

If all of your ports are open and the firewall settings are updated, the next thing to try is different Ethernet cable in a different port.

If that doesn’t work, try the Sure Signal on a different connection. This will rule in or out a faulty Sure Signal device.

Thanks,

Simon