Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Sure signal not working with new iPhone 5s

MattSmith94
4: Newbie

Hi all,

My wife upgraded her iPhone 4s to a new 5s on Thursday 31st July  (so new nano sim). Since then I have been unable to get our Sure Signal to work with it. I have tried all of the things in the troubleshooter including removing and readding the number, deregistering the sure signal, resetting it etc but nothing works. Can anyone in tech support help?

Many thanks

Matt

24 REPLIES 24

MattSmith94
4: Newbie

After reading another similar post I have now deregistered the Sure Signal and will wait a few hours before re-registering it to see if that works

MohamedGamal
8: Helper
8: Helper
The iphone 5s is set to catch the LTE (4G) signal by default, you might want to go to settings -> Mobile/Celluar and switch "Enable 4G" off as the VSS only provides 3G signal, that's a step we might want to try

Thank you for that suggestion and i tried it but it did not work unfortunately.

Hi MattSmith94,

Removing the mobile number from the Sure Signal for 24 hours, then adding it back should work.

If you're still having issues, please let us know the Sure Signal serial number.

Thanks,

Ian

Hi Ian,

thank you I will try that now.

Matt

Hi Ian,

The 24 hours is not quite up yet but another phone I have registered on there (iPhone 5s) also will not  pick up the 3G from the sure signal and that number was deregistered for a number of days last week before adding it yesterday. I am therefore assuming that when I readd my wife's number at 1pm today it will not work. In anticipation of this the serial number of my sure signal box is 21197106699, could you see if it needs a firmware update as I have read elsewhere that this is sometimes the problem? At the moment only my iPhone 5 will connect to it (the VSS admin account number). Both new iPhone 5s I have tried to connect just wont unless they have my Sim in them.

Thanks

Matt

Hi Matt,

I can see that additional users have just been registered at 1pm.

Let us know if there's still an issue.

Thanks,

Ian

Hi Ian,

Sorry to report than neither of the users added to the Sure Signal can pick up a 3G signal. Please advise ?

thanks

Matt

Turn your iPhone off completely and then restart it.  It should work then.  My daughter has an iPhone 5S working with SSv5 and we had to enable 3G only as suggested in an earlier post.