Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Sure signal not working

Milwambur
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Hi,

I recieved my sure signal today with the new S7 phone and it won't connect to it at all. I've followed each of the steps from the trouple shooting and despite having both white lights and the power light it doesn't connect to my phone. I went through to Live Help who said that they had done something and that I had to wait 30 minutes before rebooting my phone, that hasn't fixed it. I've also done a factory reset on the box as well as deregsitering and then registering it again....Any ideas?

6 REPLIES 6

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Have you had to perform a sim swap for your new phone due to a SIM card size change ?

I would look to de regarding for 24 hours and then re register. 

Is it a new sure signal or a pre owned one. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Yes I did have to do a sim swap.

It's brand new, came with the phone, however it did register very briefly to my old phone before the sim swap I'll deregister it now and see if it works tomorrow.

BandOfBrothers

No worries. 

Hope all goes ok after the 24 hour period. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Ha, so i deregistered it and it started working. Re-registered it and now it's not working!! I have no idea what's going on.I'll leave it deregistered as for some reason that seems to work....

OK so this thing is completely random. Yesterday it was registered and working fine, today nothing. The box is showing that it is connected and has signal but my phone simply won't connect to it. I've had it deregistered for 24 hours and reregistered, that worked for about 4 hours. Now it's not working again. I've tried every one of the troubleshooting steps and it simply doesn't work.

I signed a new 2 year contract on the basis that this would give me signal in my house and it just doesn't work...Very frustrated :Sad_face:

Please take a look at our Sure Signal Troubleshooting thread. If this doesn’t resolve your query, please post your reply either below, or in the relevant thread, together with the details requested, including the following information.

Your speed test results from here.

Your ping test results from here.

Your external IP address from here.

The results of a traceroute.

Your Sure Signal serial number:

VSS Traceroute command

On a PC:

Click on Start and select Run

Type CMD into the Run box and press enter/click ok

A black box will appear.

In this box type tracert 212.183.133.177 press Enter

Paste the output of this command into your reply.

This will help us get the quickest possible resolution for you.