Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Sure signal not working

JennyB
4: Newbie

Hi,  My sure signal seems to be broke. It has been dropping calls for a few days and resetting it's self after a few hours. A few nights ago all of the lights were flashing in an amber colour so i pressed the re-set button but nothing happened so i unplugged it. I know it gets hot but this time it was VERY hot so i let it cool down. When i plugged it back in nothing happenes at all, no lights nothing. Tried the reset but still nothing.....it's dead.

So is there anything else i can do to get it working? We really need this as 4 of us use it and two of us work from home. It's a V3  serial #40123642221

8 REPLIES 8

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi,

Please take a look through these Sure Signal Trouble Shooting threads - Apologies if you've been through some / all of these. 

https://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/Vodafone-Sure-Signal/Vodafone-Sure-Signal-troubleshooting/td-p/23917...

as these may help to resolve issues. They have links to the key things you can do to try and self resolve the issue you are experiencing.

To note the Sure Signal Device comes with a 24 month warranty.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Yes i looked through all of the guides and none of them address no lights at all. This is probably my 3rd SS so i don't know if it's in waranty or not.

BandOfBrothers

Ok.

As you say it's getting that hot it maybe beneficial to speak with customer service via 191 or Live Chat (engagement window) to check on its warranty status. 

Not to purposely concern you but I have seen recent posts of SS's popping / smoking. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Yes, my first one caught fire. 

DaveCD
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@JennyB

So we can look into this for you, please complete the template in our troubleshooting guide posted by @BandOfBrothers

The issue you’re experiencing: SS doesn't work as stated in initial post

What light sequence you're seeing: None

Your speed test results from here. 73.76 up, 19.00 down

Your external IP address from here.86.159.124.22

Your Sure Signal serial number:40123642221

The results of a traceroute. That isn't working on win 10 and pointless anyway. You may want to update your "How to" on how to get the run/cmd prompt up on win 8 and 10.  XP is obsolete. 

ChazzD
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@JennyB

As your Sure Signal is showing no lights at all, this suggests it's faulty. 

If it's within warranty, please speak to our Live Chat team who can arrange for a replacement to be sent out to you.

If it's out of warranty, you'll need to purchase a new Sure Signal.

Thanks. 

Yeah thanks and no thanks, the live chat people are useless. I think i talked to about 20 of them in one day because you are over charging me and have been from day one of the new contract. I gave up and just pay it now.

I'm not paying for another one. I live 5 miles out of the center of birmingham on a hill so shouldn't need one.  We made the dessision to take all 4 phones over to O2 because they have better coverage.  Shame after two of us have been with you over twenty years.