Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Sure signal only works with one registered phone due to porting number

Louloub
4: Newbie

Hi I have an issue with Sure Signal V3, pretty sure it's due to my phone being ported from another network. I have found a previous answer but can anyone access our account and resolve without me spending hours on the phone?? Plus I have zero signal to make a call anyway.

SS Serial number is: 40133810933

Prob is with number ending #593

Here is the answer I found one here from Online999:

Re: Sure Signal v3 only works with one registered phone

Sorry for using acronyms

VF - Vodafone

IMSI - International Mobile Subscriber Identity

This is a number that is related to the SIM card that the phone is using.

MSISDN - Mobile Station International Subscriber Directory Number

This is the mobile phone number.

As numbers get ported from one operator to another, the MSISDN will stay the same, but the IMSI will change with the new SIM.

When you add a number (MSISDN) to the ACL - access control list, this gets uploaded into the configuration of the SS unit, but will also contains the IMSI.

Occasionally if there is an issue with the IMSI, you find the message comes back from the SS web portal you manage it from, saying the number cannot be added probably because the system still thinks it’s on another network provider. But if the SIM has changed on the same operator, it might add the number to the ACL but fail to let the phone register to the SS unit as the IMSI on the system doesn't match what is in the SIM.

This only leaves the issue of getting this checked and corrected if required, which customer services should be able to do (if they're pointed in that direction).

3 REPLIES 3

Rahim
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Louloub Temporarily deregistering your Vodafone Sure Signal for 24 hours and then registering it again will help resolve the issue you're experiencing. 

This can be processed through your My Vodafone account. 

In doing this, our server will be updated with the correct IMSI details for your SIM. 

Let us know how you get on. 

Hi, thank you but we tried this a few days ago it didnt work.

Rahim
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Louloub I've replied to your other post

Keep us updated with how you get on.