Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Sure signal problem sorted - Long story

g4jnw
4: Newbie

Ok this might be of use to others and a surprise to me!

I have a couple of threads running for absolutely ages and for some reason did not click that it maybe the box BUT it was something that one of the advisors said in passing that made me think

He said "something happened on a date earlier this year"  well i think whatever happened the box failed!!

I had a version 1 which has worked solidly from day 1 very reliable and had bought it when they first came out so was way out of warrantee.

Did all the usual as requested by vodafone and yes the lights all flashed etc then the box just sat there with either 1 light on or 2 - I was getting really frustrated as both myself and my wife are on call for work.

Reset after reset even deregistered and re registed no difference SO I looked around at 02, Orange etc etc and they could not offer me an equivelent.

Right off to buy a new one BUT only version 3 available (a friend gave me a ver3 as he hadn't used it and no longer with vodafone) BUT my speed and bandwidth are not good enough!!!!

Nothing to loose - This morning registered the V3 not expecting anything and looked around at other routers in case it was the router then both my phone and my wifes fires into action 4 BARS

The moral of this long story is trust your gut reaction Maybe just Maybe its the box thats faulty!!!!

God i should work for vodafone - not bad for a 60+ internet surfer!

PS: Vodafone - you can now close off all my threads

1 REPLY 1

Ben_H
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi g4jnw,

Thanks for the update! I'm glad to see you managed to get this sorted. Although the Sure Signal units come with a 2 year warranty like the phones, you can still drop them in for a repair after this point for a paid service as an option.

Obviously in your case you were able to source a replacement from your friend. :Smiling:

We'll be happy to continue troubleshooting your V1 Sure Signal should you like to pass it on to somebody too, just in case it's something we can troubleshoot without the need for a repair. :Winking_smiley:

Cheers, Ben