Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Sure signal problem

braddy991
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi,

We've bought three sure signla in the last few weeks for our staff, but the one for my home doesn't work. Registration is fine although the address (says Warren close and we're on Warren lane) it brings up for our post code IP30 9DT is a few hundred meters away. We get the text to say we're added to sure signal and all's looking good. Then I plug it in and connect it to my router. The power light goes solid but then the internet light just flashes. It has done this for almost 2 days now and I've reset the unit once. no other lights come on. the serial number of the unit is 40133819900

Please help

4 REPLIES 4

grolschuk
Community Champion (Retired)

Who is your ISP and what is your router?

It sounds like something may have been configured on there that isn't letting the suresignal out to the internet.

The ISP is Timico and the router is a Netgear N600 (about a week old)

grolschuk

There is a troubleshooting checklist that asks for ip addresses and traceroutes somewhere on the forum, I don't have it to hand.

That will allow the tech team to check that the ISP's IP range is on the allowed to connect list, and that the traffic is heading to the right server.

If you have a look through all of the menus of the router, most probably around the firewall, are there any options for IPSec VPN Passthrough? If so enable it and reboot the suresignal.

There is also a list of ports you can forward to the router (again I don't have to hand but a quick look through the forum should find it) that may help, and I think the netgear may have them listed as services already

Sorry that has not been too detailed, but hopefully it will point in the right direction to get your suresignal able to connect to vodafone.

I appreciate your help. I'll have a look this afternoon when i'm back at home.

Have a good Christmas