Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Sure signal problem

Rbwindover
4: Newbie

Hi, my sure signal has been working fine and the last few days it is not picking up my phone, when I used to make a call the phone light on the box lit up and now it doesn't, I have tried a reset, the serial number of the box is 40120953456 please help

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Jenny
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi Rbwindover,

It appears that your phone is losing connection and is unable to reconnect.

A seamless handover from the network to the Sure Signal isn’t a supported feature and there is no ‘fix’ for this, however toggling to airplane mode and back will resolve the issue.

Thanks,

Jenny

View solution in original position

160 REPLIES 160

Hi, 

The suresignal is still sitting there with just the red light on.

Is it worth while just junking this one and getting the latest version? Is the technology any better in the latest version. This box has always been a bit problamatic. 

Still not working!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ben_H
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi Chris,

Thanks for the update.

Please try the Sure Signal in another area of your home. Testing another Ethernet cable will also rule out an accessory fault.

We're best troubleshooting as much as we can first to save you paying for a new one.

Thanks,

Ben

I have already moved it twice. I have checked out the Ethernet Cable by connecting it to a PC. I can ping the Suresignal IP address (associated with its mac address) from a PC anywhere on the network.

Thanks for the Help. 

Ben_H
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi Chris,

I'm afraid this would point to a faulty unit then.

As the warranty has expired on your Sure Signal, you can purchase a new one here.

Cheers,

Ben

Hi,

I have been trying a few things today and have found that the Suresignal works perfectly on our 'backup route' (we have a primary and secondary ISP link). Now the strange thing is that we get both routes from the same supplier (I know not ideal) and as far as I am aware they are configured identically. We use the same router and router config for both routes and I have checked they are identical. Now the really strange thing is that if the Suresignal establishes a session with your server over the secondary link and I then fail the router back to the primary the Suresignal carries on working. 

This would suggest there is some sort of config issue within the ISP on our primary route  to do with session setup. Any idea what ports the Suresignal uses to set up a session? Is there any way your systems could have blocked our Static IP address?  I could mirror a port on the switch to check session setup ports etc but it is a bit of a pain as it is a bit inaccessible and we only have a managed switch on the secondary route (its a long story) so can only monitor the session that is working. Any thoughts.

I will contact the ISP tomorrow, when their level 3 support is in. They are only a small ISP. We are a radio repeater site  for their main link into the nearest town so I know them quite well and they will be happy to run diagnostics etc to try and find the problem.

I will let you know how I get on.

Ben_H
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi swaapc,

Thanks for the update.

The only ports you need to have open are those in the troubleshooting guide:

• 8 – TCP/UDP                 (All routers)
  • 50 – TCP/UDP               (All routers)
  • 53 – TCP/UDP               (Virgin Super Hubs)
  • 67 – UDP                      (Virgin Super Hubs)                                                    
  • 68 – UDP                      (Virgin Super Hubs)                                        
  • 123 – UDP                    (All routers)     
  • 500 – UDP                    (All routers)     
  • 1723 – TCP/UDP           (BT Home Hubs)          
  • 4500 – UDP                   (All routers)     
  • 33434 – 33445 – UDP    (Virgin Super Hubs)

Let me know how you get on with your ISP. :Smiling:

Cheers,

Ben

Sukhi
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi euanlab

As the Sure Signal is working at home, the office set-up is where the issue lies. I'd contact your I.T team for further assistance.

Thanks

Sukhi

Vinepark
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi there

Similar to others - three lights are there - the one with Mobile off. I have pushed the reset button - and still only the three lights come back on.

S/N of my Sure Signal: 21196866343

Can you help to reset on your end?

Thanks

Ben_H
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi Vinepark,

Welcome to the eForum. :Smiling:

It looks like your Sure Signal firmware hasn't updated. I've pushed it down for you now.

I just need you to keep the Sure Signal connected for the next 24 hours. After that point, turn the phones off and on again and you'll be up and running. :Winking_smiley:

Cheers, Ben