Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Sure signal problem

gcoombs77
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi,

I havent used my sure signal for a few months as moved and didnt need however I do need now and not working. I read one forum which says you disable after inactive for 3 months so should call. I cant call to get unlocked though as Vodafone down in my area. Please can you unlock?

What info do you need?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Ben_H
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi gcoombs77,

I'm glad to see the Sure Signal has since reactivated.

If you're still seeing problems with the coverage in Brighton, check out our Network Troubleshooting thread.

Sure Signal uses your fixed line internet connection so it won't be affected if any masts go down near you. You may still struggle though if the problem is with your SIM or phone instead. :Winking_smiley:

Cheers, Ben

View solution in original position

7 REPLIES 7

Retired-Kay
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi gcoombs77,

Please take a look at our Sure Signal Troubleshooting thread. If this doesn’t resolve your query, please post your reply either below, or in the relevant thread, together with the details requested, including the following information.

Your speed test results from here.

Your ping test results from here.

Your external IP address from here.

The results of a traceroute.

Your Sure Signal serial number:

VSS Traceroute command

On a PC:

Click on Start and select Run

Type CMD into the Run box and press enter/click ok

A black box will appear.

In this box type tracert 212.183.133.177 press Enter

Paste the output of this command into your reply.

This will help us get the quickest possible resolution for you.

Thanks, 

Kay

Thanks Kay. It seems to be working now, though the whole vodafone network seems to be being dodgy in Brighton area today.

Should the suresignal still work if the network is down in the area?

Ben_H
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi gcoombs77,

I'm glad to see the Sure Signal has since reactivated.

If you're still seeing problems with the coverage in Brighton, check out our Network Troubleshooting thread.

Sure Signal uses your fixed line internet connection so it won't be affected if any masts go down near you. You may still struggle though if the problem is with your SIM or phone instead. :Winking_smiley:

Cheers, Ben

Thanks Ben. There still seems to be a problem in the area. My work phone is also Vodafone and is still not working, but my suresignal seems to be working like a trooper now!

Gemma
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi gcoombs77,

I’m glad to see your Sure Signal is now working. :Smiling:

Please follow the steps from the link on Ben’s last post, if you’re still experiencing signal issues.

Thanks,

Gemma

I have a sure signal, and now wish to add a number to it of the girlfriend but as I left vodafone some 4 months ago I find I cannot change any details as I no longer have an account. Can anyone help with removing all details a from my account for the sure signal . I would rather I did that than have no control over the unit that to be honest is sat in the socket doing nothing.

Can any one help?1

Jenny
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi @BertieBunyip

Take a look here for how to get in touch and we can help get this sorted. :Smiling:

Thanks,

Jenny