Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Sure signal problem

cheekydavid
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi i have 3 sure signal boxes 2x sure signal one and 1 sure signal 2 i have registered 2 of them but 3rd wont let me do it anyway the 2 that i have managed to do wont work my sure signal 1 just stays on 1 green light and my sure signal 2 just flashs 2 white lights could u have a look and realine them please 40121021857 21228591257 are the 2 registered

5 REPLIES 5

Apple_Fanboy
13: Advanced Member

Hi David

How long ago did you register the VSS boxes, it can take some time for a first time registration to complete. Also what error did you get when registering the 3rd VSS?

Not many people use more than 1 sure signal at the same time, could you help me out by describing how you have them connected e.g do you use a single router with a 4port hub somewhere else, is one of them connected to a wifi repeater etc. This can help me understand if your issue is related to the setup.

Also it may help if you could perform the below diagnostic steps and reply back with the results.

Your speed test results from here.

Your ping test results from here.

Your external IP address from here.

The results of a traceroute.

VSS Traceroute command

On a PC:

Click on Start and select Run

Type CMD into the Run box and press enter/click ok

A black box will appear.

In this box type tracert 212.183.133.177 press Enter

Paste the output of this command into your reply

94.14.76.87 ping 28ms down load 11.75 upload 1.1 I dont use 2 boxes just allways had trouble with them so got  3 now

212.183.133.177 is not recongnized as internal or external command

Ps now its just staying on red light

DaveCD
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@cheekydavid 

The Sure Signal 40121021857 is connected and on the latest software.

Please try the traceroute again on your PC or laptop and post the results.

What lights are you seeing on this Sure Signal?

The Sure Signal 21228591257 is not connected, please tell s what lights you're seeing.

Are you using one Sure Signal at a time? The reason I ask is it's very complicated using two on one router and not something we'll recommend.

If you post the third Sure Signal along with the required information above, we'll also check that one from this end.

DaveCD