Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Sure signal problem

Rbwindover
4: Newbie

Hi, my sure signal has been working fine and the last few days it is not picking up my phone, when I used to make a call the phone light on the box lit up and now it doesn't, I have tried a reset, the serial number of the box is 40120953456 please help

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Jenny
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi Rbwindover,

It appears that your phone is losing connection and is unable to reconnect.

A seamless handover from the network to the Sure Signal isn’t a supported feature and there is no ‘fix’ for this, however toggling to airplane mode and back will resolve the issue.

Thanks,

Jenny

View solution in original position

160 REPLIES 160

Jenny
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi Chris,

Everything you’ve provided looks fine and your Sure Signal’s showing as connecting with no problems.

I’ve re-synced this for you today, so please complete this by performing a factory reset as follows:

-Locate the button on the base of the box next to the Ethernet ports.

-Press and hold the button for approximately 30 seconds.

-Once the lights come back on, release the button.

The Sure Signal will be back online in around 1 hour.

If you’re still having problems after trying the above, please test your Sure Signal on another connection as this will help us to know if the fault lies with the device, or the connection.

Thanks,

Jenny

Dear Jenny

Thank you for your reply. I know you are trying to do your best to solve the many, many problems created by Vodafone. How can it be possibly a Top Ten world business?!!!

Sadly, the "factory button hold for 30 seconds" advice doesn't work on our device as the lights just stay flashing on exactly the same sequence as before the button is pressed. This suggests the factory reset button doesn't make a jot of difference to the device.

I'm not sure what you mean by "please test your Sure Signal on another connection". Does that mean using a different port on our Talk Talk fibre optic router or do I try using a neighbour's router if any of them were unlucky enough to be subscribed to Vodafone in the first place?

Also the Sure Signal box is very, very hot to touch. That cannot be normal. Considering the advice is to leave it on all the time, it doesn't bode well if it becomes a fire hazard (my next door neighbour is a fireman and is always banging on to me about fire risks). Is it time for me to take the box back to the Vodafone Enfield Branch and ask for another?

PS. Only 15 months left on my contract.

Thanks

Chris

Hi Jenny

I'm still waiting for your reply. Sure Signal box flashing red with orange interent light on constant burn. 24 hours without change. What on earth is going on?

Chris

Hi almond25,

Sorry we didn't get to your post earlier. We're working through everyone's questions as quickly as possible.

Both trying a different port on the router and trying a completely different internet connection are good - they both rule things out.

The different connection doesn't need to be someone registered on Vodafone at all. You can plug it into a neighbour's connection but test with your own phone.

The fact the lights don't change at all does make me think it's something with the box as the sequence does work. That's what trying with a different internet connection is designed to check - if it works there, the box is fine.

With regards to the heat, the box should cut out if it gets too hot. It's best to keep it in an open, well-ventilated location. If it has over-heated for any reason, switching it off for a while should allow it to cool down to test again.

Dave

Thanks Dave.

I spoke with Vodafone support 191 who said I should take the box back to the Enfield Branch and ask for a replacement under warranty. We will do that and see what they say.

Chris

Hi my Sure Signal is not working

serial number is 21222163715

mac number 000E5919488A

I have got 3 lights on but have no signal to mobile phones

Have attach info

Hi Barneypete,

Those details all look fine, so I've resynched the Sure Signal.

Follow these steps to reset the box:

For Sure Signal version 1 or 2:

• Hold down the reset button until all the lights show (about 30 seconds)
  • Keeping the reset button held down, remove then re-insert the power lead.
  • Once all lights display release the reset button.
  • The Sure Signal will come online in around 1 hour.

For Sure Signal version 3:

• Locate the button on the base of the box next to the Ethernet ports.
  • Press and hold the button for approximately 30 seconds.
  • Once the lights come back on, release the button.
  • The Sure Signal will come online in around 1 hour.

If this doesn't help, can you confirm the Sure Signal version that you're using? The lights changed between the first version and the later ones.

Dave

Hi,

I think I may have a problem with the Sure signal box.

Info:

Suresignal 2 (Model 9361 Home Cel V2-V)

Serial No 40114670777

Symptoms :

- System has been working for 18 Months + without problem

- 3 - 4 days ago noticed no mobile phone connection

- Only power light on box

- Reset a number of times

- On one occassion reset worked and device worked for about a day

- next morning no lights other than power light

- reset again nothing

Diagnostics carried out:

- Able to tracert to 212.183.133.177 got as far as 85.205.116.14 (in 14ms)

- Able to ping suresignal on local network

- On repower/reset all that happens is a brief single flash of the 'System' and 'Phone' light then only the power light remains on

- when carrying out the following procedure

"For Sure Signal version 1 or 2:

1. Hold down the reset button until all the lights show (about 30 seconds)
  2. Keeping the reset button held down, remove then re-insert the power lead.
  3. Once all lights display release the reset button.
  4. The Sure Signal will come online in around 1 hour."

1 - All the buttons never show - when the reset button is pressed for more than 30 seconds the 'System' and 'Phone' lights very briefly flash then only the power light remains on.

2 - OK

3 - All lights never display. The power, system and phone lights briefly flash then only the power light remains on

4 - doesn't seem to happen

Any ideas?

Sukhi
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi swaapc

Please take a look at our Sure Signal Troubleshooting thread. If this doesn’t resolve your query, please post your reply either below, or in the relevant thread, together with the details requested, including the following information.

Your speed test results from here.

Your ping test results from here.

Your external IP address from here.

The results of a traceroute.

Your Sure Signal serial number:

VSS Traceroute command

On a PC:

Click on Start and select Run

Type CMD into the Run box and press enter/click ok

A black box will appear.

In this box type tracert 212.183.133.177 press Enter

Paste the output of this command into your reply.

This will help us get the quickest possible resolution for you.

Thanks

Sukhi

Hi Sukhi,

Thanks for the reply. To answer your questions:

Please take a look at our Sure Signal Troubleshooting thread. - Done everything except for "Manually configure your router to allow port-forwarding" - The SureSignal has been working for over 18 months and the router configs have not been changed for a good 6 months (I control the config) so I can't see how router configs can be an issue unless there has been changes to the suresignal that requires these changes. The suresignal stopped working 3-4 days ago.

Your speed test results from here. - 20Mbps Download speed, 1Mbps upload speed

Your ping test results from here. Not sure what you would like me to ping but for instance www.google.co.uk averages 19ms

Pinging www.google.co.uk [173.194.41.159] with 32 bytes of data:
Reply from 173.194.41.159: bytes=32 time=21ms TTL=54
Reply from 173.194.41.159: bytes=32 time=19ms TTL=54

Your external IP address from here. - 80.247.16.2

The results of a traceroute.

Tracing route to cluster4.vap.vodafone.co.uk [212.183.133.177]
over a maximum of 30 hops:

1    <1 ms    <1 ms    <1 ms  vig022930.router [192.168.0.251]
  2     6 ms     4 ms     4 ms  80.247.16.2
  3     5 ms     4 ms     6 ms  vanguard.zycomm.uk.net [80.247.16.9]
  4    11 ms    12 ms    10 ms  nott-lam-3-tenge74-518.network.virginmedia.net [213.106.221.102]
  5    12 ms    12 ms    10 ms  nott-core-2b-xe-1121-0.network.virginmedia.net [80.1.79.241]
  6    16 ms    12 ms    12 ms  nrth-bb-1c-ae13-0.network.virginmedia.net [62.253.174.65]
  7    12 ms    12 ms    12 ms  nrth-bb-1b-ae11-0.network.virginmedia.net [62.253.174.109]
  8    14 ms    49 ms    14 ms  tele-ic-4-ae0-0.network.virginmedia.net [62.253.174.18]
  9    17 ms    18 ms    15 ms  ldngw1.arcor-ip.net [195.66.224.209]
 10    14 ms    14 ms    13 ms  85.205.116.14
 11     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 12     *        *        *     Request timed out.

Your Sure Signal serial number: 40114670777

I am not sure this is a comms problem. The SureSignal just doesn't seem to be doing what it says in the manual. Whenever I reset it or power it on I just get the very briefest of flash from the System and Phone lights and then only the power light stays on.

Regards Chris Swaap