Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Sure signal problem

Rbwindover
4: Newbie

Hi, my sure signal has been working fine and the last few days it is not picking up my phone, when I used to make a call the phone light on the box lit up and now it doesn't, I have tried a reset, the serial number of the box is 40120953456 please help

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Jenny
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi Rbwindover,

It appears that your phone is losing connection and is unable to reconnect.

A seamless handover from the network to the Sure Signal isn’t a supported feature and there is no ‘fix’ for this, however toggling to airplane mode and back will resolve the issue.

Thanks,

Jenny

View solution in original position

160 REPLIES 160

Hi smempez and welcome to the eForum

Thanks for your post here. It is completely normal for your Sure Signal to take a while to log back on after a power cut. Anything up to 6 hours is a completely normal timescale.

Can you confirm if you’re having any issues aside from this at all?

Thanks

Wayne

madadam23
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

My sure signal only works if i turn phone off and back on again. Its the same with all users too!

To be totally honest its been a waste of time ever since iv had it on any phone registered to it.

Iv done all the resets and deleted users and re registered it too.

Can you sort it please?

Serial is 40110518525

Hi madadam23,

Please take a look at our Sure Signal Troubleshooting thread. If this doesn’t resolve your query, please post your reply either below, or in the relevant thread, together with the details requested, including the following information.

Your speed test results from here.

Your ping test results from here.

Your external IP address from here.

The results of a traceroute.

Your Sure Signal serial number:

VSS Traceroute command

On a PC:

Click on Start and select Run

Type CMD into the Run box and press enter/click ok

A black box will appear.

In this box type tracert 212.183.133.177 press Enter

Paste the output of this command into your reply.

This will help us get the quickest possible resolution for you.

Thanks

Paul

speed......

Ping 55ms

download 16.65 mbps

upload 0.87 mbps

Ping test............

ping 35 ms

jitter 4 ms

External ip 88.104.117.74

Black box thingy........

Not reconised as an internal or external command

serial is 40110518525

Hi madadam23, 

Everything looks fine with the information you've supplied.

I’ve just resynced your device for you so, to make sure the resync completes, can you perform a factory reset:-

Hold down the reset button until all the lights show/flash (about 30 seconds)
Keeping the reset button held down, remove then re-insert the power lead.
Once all lights display release the reset button.
The Sure Signal will come online in around 1 hour.

If this still doesn't make a difference then please try the Sure Signal on a different connection (at a friend or family members house). This will help us to determine where the fault lies. 

Thanks, 

Kay

iv done this reset b4 but which lights flash???? front????? rear which says router????

Router 1s are only 1s which do flash if that helps?

Hi madadam23,

The lights will be on the Sure Signal itself on the front.

I’ve checked your Sure Signal serial number and I can’t see the resync going through, so I’ve just done another one.

Can you follow the process as outlined buy Kay above and let me know how you go on.

Thanks,

Andrew

If you have the time, would you be able to complete a short feedback survey for me? You can find it here and it’ll go to ensuring I’m offering the best service I can.

Hi, iv done the box reset, Phone connected to sure signal but as before. When i left the house and returned later. Will not connect unless phone switched off/on. Connects fine to my dads sure signal box without need to turn off/on

Hi madadam23,

This can be a common issue with some phones due to there being an active data connection running in the background.

Basically the Sure Signal does not support normal network to Sure Signal (Macro to Femto) handovers.

This means that whilst there is an active connection it won’t connect to the Sure Signal from the normal network.

The only thing that you can do is to cycle aeroplane mode which will stop the network connections and connect to the Sure Signal.

James

I could understand this if phone didnt pick up my dads sure signal box without the need to off/on it.

Why just my box?