Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Sure signal problem

jimmer409
2: Seeker

worked.fine with my galaxy s2 and w, now have galaxy s3 and s4mini, with wifi off only getting one/two bars and EDGE not 3g, have reset ss several times and rebooted router, correct ports are open and box shows up on router as normal, help appreciated

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

thanks James, took the tech advise, de/reregistered the ss now all working fine, once again excellent help, greatly appreciated.

View solution in original position

7 REPLIES 7

Retired-James
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi jimmer409,

Please take a look at our Sure Signal Troubleshooting thread. If this doesn’t resolve your query, please post your reply either below, or in the relevant thread, together with the details requested, including the following information.

Your speed test results from here.

Your ping test results from here.

Your external IP address from here.

The results of a traceroute.

Your Sure Signal serial number:

VSS Traceroute command

On a PC:

Click on Start and select Run

Type CMD into the Run box and press enter/click ok

A black box will appear.

In this box type tracert 212.183.133.177 press Enter

Paste the output of this command into your reply.

This will help us get the quickest possible resolution for you.

Thanks

James

thanks tech team, after research, found that removing and reinstalling my wifes phone number that phone now works correctly. As you know i can't do the same with my number as it is the sure signal admin number. I thank the problem is the fact that I now have a new sim (micro) following my recent upgrade. Would you therefore input my new sim so the ss works correctly sim # is (removed security), thanks in advance.

forgot to add the ss serial is 40122911601

Hi jimmer409,

Does your wife have a separate online account for her number?

If yes, you can transfer the ownership of the Sure Signal to her through your online account, which will remove your number and then transferring this back, will keep her number active and add yours back in.

James

thanks James, took the tech advise, de/reregistered the ss now all working fine, once again excellent help, greatly appreciated.

Hi jimmer409,

That’s fantastic news, many thanks for the update.

If you’d like to leave James some feedback, you can do so here.

Cheers,

Andrew

jimmer409
Thanks for the reply think I've got it sorted called technical they say deregister than re register the device. No wife doesn't have separate account