Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Sure signal problem

kareng1971
2: Seeker
Hi there,
I have just signed up for my first new contract iphone (big deal at my age)' and what a nightmare! Basically the vodofone signal isn't as good as I was lead to believe when purchasing the iphone5. So it was suggested that I spend even more, and invest in a sure signal! I'm pretty sure that I've registered the ss correctly and as the owner my iphone is registered to to ss. The first three lights are on (most of the time)' but my phone very rarely connects to it, and if it does, when I next go to use it I have 'no service'. I have tried to reset the ss, but this makes no difference. I have worked through the trouble shooting advice and tried calling vodofone (couldn't understand the blokes accent, so not very helpful).
My ss serial number is 40132726379
Please don't ask me for lots of technical jargon, unless you can tell me where to find it or how to access it! Go slowly!
K
3 REPLIES 3

Retired-James
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi kareng1971,

Everything looks fine with the registration.

As you’ve mentioned that it does work but then disconnects it would suggest that it is working.

So we can see what’s happening please can you let me know the following information?

Your speed test results from here.

Your ping test results from here.

Also, do you have a different phone and number that you’d be able to add to the Sure Signal to see if you get the same problem?

James

kareng1971
Hi James
Phone is connected to sure signal at the moment, although has been displaying 'no service' quite a lot today despite as lights indicating that it's functioning. Often if you put phone into airplane mode and back again, it manages to search and find ss.
Test results
Ping: varies between 57ms and 102!
Download: 4.01mbps
Upload: 0.29mbps
I'm not the only person using Vodafone network in the property. My husbands phone is also Vodafone but via bt and boosted by a bt sagem box (bt refused to add my number)! I can try adding his.
Thanks kx

Ben_H
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi kareng1971,

The Traceroute seems fine and the speeds are OK too. You won't be able to add a BT mobile number as they use our network as an MVNO. You can find further details on this here.

If you've not got another Vodafone number to test, you can order a free SIM to try out here. Let us know the outcome once you've had a chance to try one. :Smiling:

Cheers, Ben