Support:

Vodafone Sure Signal

Ask a question:
Rank 1: Guest
richardrushen

Sure signal problems "again"

Has anyone one else keep loosing signal in the da13 area of Kent? I am on call and need this to be reliable and to be honest its not. If Vodafone can't keep this working why don'y sort the signal problem out in poor areas?:manmad:

Message 1 of 44 (5,405 Views)
Administrator
Matt

Re: Sure signal problems "again"

Hi

Can you take a look at our Sure Signal Troubleshooting thread, and then post back your results if you’re not directed to an existing thread?

Thanks

Matt

eForum Team

I’m the eForum Moderator and my job is to read and log new posts. I make sure everyone follows the house rules and unlike my other Tech Team colleagues, I don’t answer all posts. Please note, I’m unable to reply to private messages.

If you see a helpful post, please click the Thanks button to let the author know. If a post solves your query, please click the ‘Is this the Answer?’ button. This helps others find helpful answers in the community too.

Message 2 of 44 (5,376 Views)
richardrushen

Hi, have done that with no luck. One of your online advisors has helped and called me, very good service indeed. However, once I was put through to the sure signal help team I was unable to hear/understand the lady and her knowledge seemed very limited. Her answer was to contact my ISP, this is not the problem as I'm still conected to the internet! SS still not working:-(

Message 3 of 44 (5,369 Views)
RachelSHall

I have both lights flashing today - I have tried turning off etc. Still not working (for the last 3 hours)

Can anyone help?

PO20

Message 4 of 44 (5,362 Views)
Rank 3: Occasional Poster
neil54

Vodafone's SS service has had so many outtages in the past 2 weeks it seems this is just another one of them.

Both mine (in different counties) are off today. Normal internet service is continuing unaffected. This is definitely a Vodafone issue so don't get fobbed off by 'Helpline' workers just reading from scripts. If you are very lucky you might get to speak to the person with some knowledge of the system, but he's very busy right now !
Message 5 of 44 (5,355 Views)
richardrushen

LOL :smileylol: Guess I will just have to wait !

Message 6 of 44 (5,352 Views)
Rank 6: Frequent Poster
NickMH

Can somone from the Vodafone side PLEASE confirm whether there is a wide-ranging problem across (at least) South East England... and that someone is working on it? Evidence on the forum seems to point to it.

It's not fair to allow a whole bunch of customers to be out there fretting and wondering if it's their VSS box thats gone down the tube....

We all have jobs and lives to get on with!

Rgds

Nick

Message 7 of 44 (5,327 Views)
richardrushen

[ Edited ]
  1. Well said, and why don't Vodafone send a text and or email telling us what is going on. I went with Vodafone because they offered this phone booster, If I had known it was this ###### I would have gone else where.
Message 8 of 44 (5,322 Views)
richardrushen

Matt, as your on here, why have you not found out the problem and posted the answer?

Message 9 of 44 (5,309 Views)
Oobermann

Mine is down. What is going on?
Have you noticed, i've never been impressed with your friends from New York and London
Message 10 of 44 (5,300 Views)
ultimatetj

Mine is down today too. I am also south east england (norfok). Guessing it must be a wide spread vodafone problem for them all to go down at once!! Anyword from vodafone? I really cant have my signal down over xmas!!
Message 11 of 44 (5,272 Views)
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)
Lee

Hey guys,

Thanks for letting us know about this. We're investigating these reports at the moment.

Could you let me know your serial numbers please?

Cheers,

Lee

Message 12 of 44 (5,262 Views)
missally

My serial number is 21224323358 Been down since this morning
Message 13 of 44 (5,254 Views)
blackrat150

HI,

I lost my connection again last night and went through the normal task of resetting it and the router, checking for updated etc...  Have woken up to the flashing light 2 syndrome again.  It normally it sorts itself out after a couple of hours but hasn't done so this time.  Looking on here it seems to be afffecting London & the SE.

Have solid green light and flashing orange on the back.  No problems with the router either.

I'm in Kent in the DA3 area.

Serial number 21230004711.

Would appreciate some help with this as my contract for all four of my family's phones is up soon and if this keeps happening I wil be going elsewhere.  We live in the rural area so this is a must. 

Thanks

Brian

Message 14 of 44 (5,246 Views)
NickMH

I'm in Kent TN3 Area

My Serial Number is 40110523624

This is clearly a widespread problem... can we have an update please? I am dependent on my phone and VSS for my business so its more than just an irritation!

Message 15 of 44 (5,219 Views)
Rank 3: Occasional Poster
neil54

My serial numbers are: 21196890749 and 40110422355 Both down since this morning or overnight.
Message 16 of 44 (5,215 Views)
blackrat150

I now have it back working again!  It  just burst into life!

Message 17 of 44 (5,209 Views)
NickMH

My VSS has started working again at about 10.30 am

How is everyone else doing?

Message 18 of 44 (5,207 Views)
brownm0435

I live in the IP20 area of Norfolk mines been down all morning too but has just come back on in the last 5 minutes!

Message 19 of 44 (5,204 Views)
justinhp

I'm in the TN25 area of Kent

My serial number is 21229586405

Sure Signal has been down since last night - solid green first and flashing second light.

This is tiresome and this service is extremely unreliable. What is more tiresome is Vodafone's rather poor efforts to keep people informed about this. I'm tired of phoning clueless customer service people who seem to be trained to turn this back on the customer by suggesting that this is an ISP problem when we all know that Vodafone has struggled to make Sure Signal reliable since it was introduced.

I work for a major UK newspaper and would be interested to hear of other people's experiences of Sure Signal over the long term. 

An update on this forum from Vodafone would be useful, courteous and a sign of acceptable customer service - three phrases which I do not associate with Vodafone at the moment.

Thank you

Message 20 of 44 (5,203 Views)