Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Sure-signal reset

6regor
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi - I've bought a second hand 9361 SureSignal.  Unfortunately it tells me that the serial is already registered when I try to set it up.  The seller tells me that she has rung Vodafone but unfortunately you wouldn't speak to her as she no longer has an account with you (hence no longer needed the box). Subsequently she reported that she "Got no joy from Vodafone online or by ringing them several times" so went into a Vodafone shop, also to no avail.  

I can see that there could be a security issue if you reset it without checking but, from what I'm being told, this is no longer a vodafone customer, the box is clearly not being used currently and you are still refusing to reset it even though the ex-customer has tried to talk to you about it.

This can't be right?!

3 REPLIES 3

Sukhi
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi 6regor

If a Sure Signal is already registered to someone else when you buy it second hand, then you need to contact the original owner and get them to request de-registration as for security reasons we can only do this on their instruction.

If they say they no longer have a Vodafone number, then they can still provide the details of the old one the Sure Signal was registered to.

Thanks

Sukhi

As I think I made very clear in my original mail - the owner has tried contacting Vodafone repeatedly and is hitting a brick wall.  They are really embarrassed that they can't get you guys to release the unit so that I can use it.  I get the security bit but if you consistently refuse to do as the previous owner asks and reset it, even when they take the trouble to visit a store and ask, what can either of us do?  At the moment I have a Vodafone account with appalling coverage in my area.  It keeps telling people who want to contact me that my phone is switched off!!  I have paid for a unit to boost the signal that you should be giving in the first place and you refuse to enable it.  As you may have gathered, my opinion of Vodafone just hit an all time low.

Retired-Andy
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi 6regor,

If the seller of the Sure Signal had an account with us, we should still be able to find it.

As Sukhi has mentioned, for security we’ll need to speak directly with the seller to de-register it.

This is something we can look into for you, but will need her to email us.

I’ve sent you information on how to get in touch with us, you’ll find it here.

Are you able to pass it across to her so she can get in touch?

Thanks

Andrew