Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Sure signal still not working!

MarkMil
4: Newbie

Eight days now since my sure signal went off and despite vodafone saying they've resolved the problem problem I still have a box of flashing lights that is neither use nor ornament.

I have posted tracert results previously but no one from vodafone has had the decency to reply. Is there anyone out there in Vodafone that can help?????????

At the moment we've three phones that we can't use at home due to the complete lack of even a 2G signal.

27 REPLIES 27

Gemma,

I've now got lights 1 and 2 on and light 4 flashing.

Any Ideas???????????????

Hello! Is there anyone there that can help??????????????????????????

There are customers with non working sure signals that need your help.

That's what OUR MONTHLY CHARGES PAY FOR.

Just posted this thread myself (see below) and then spotted yours............

Vodafone truly don't care judging by the many, many comments posted about this issue.

I've been a loyal Vodafone customer for many, many years..........

No more me thinks!!!!!!!!!!

Sure Signal 1 not working on Talk Talk after 8 years of no problem - Talk Talk Say They Can't Help!

Hello,

Total frustration here people - Can You Help?????

Firstly please note my understanding of all things internet/isp/router settings/etc. etc is EXTREMELY limited!!!!!!

After 8 years or so of continuous use of my Sure Signal 1 device connected to the same ISP (Talk Talk) it stopped working at 19.47 last night.

Many, many phone calls later to both Vodafone and Talk Talk and still not working.

Vodafone Support are telling me that there are port settings (see attached help sheet) that need to be changed and that my ISP should know what is being requested of them if I ring them up and explain what's what based on the information on the Help Sheet (copy attached) that was sent to me earlier today.

So I spoke to Talk Talk (twice) today and it basically boiled down to them telling me that they couldn't help me because they do not provide static IP addresses..........

What I do not understand and what Talk talk simply do not grasp is that up until 19:47 last night my Sure Signal worked fine!!!!!!!

Talk Talk just say "Sorry Sir we cannot help you................."

What is going on and can anyone help me............

My router is a Netgear DGND3700v2 if that helps.

:smileyfrustrated:

Tim

Retired-Ian_
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi MarkMil,

I can see your Sure Signal contacted our server at 3:24am. 

If it's a version one Sure Signal, then it will be outside of warranty and we can't replace it.

Hi timwood64,

Please take a look at our Sure Signal Troubleshooting thread. If this doesn’t resolve your query, please post your reply either below, or in the relevant thread, together with the details requested, including the following information.

Your speed test results from here.

Your ping test results from here.

Your external IP address from here.

The results of a traceroute.

Your Sure Signal serial number:

VSS Traceroute command

On a PC:

Click on Start and select Run

Type CMD into the Run box and press enter/click ok

A black box will appear.

In this box type tracert 212.183.133.177 press Enter

Paste the output of this command into your reply.

Hi molson1174,

Your IP address is fine.

The Sure Signal hasn't connected with our server since 17 September.

Please can you make sure that the Sure Signal Ethernet cable is plugged directly into your router.

Thanks,

Ian

Ian_C

Please do not fob me off!

My sure signal worked perfectly until your networks went down at the end of september.... No explaination has ever been given to us THE PAYING CUSTOMER as to what happened. Failed firmware updates rolled out to all users perhaps?

Mine and many other customers sure signals have then failed to recover from this outage that was your fault, so please don't patronise me with warranty rubbish. Vodafone's errors caused customers equipment to fail. End of story.

The least your company should be doing is to replace the sure signals affected. Generally sure signal users have to have them because your networks don't cover the areas in which we live and work so when the boxes fail we can't access the network that we PAY to use. So in addition I believe that we should also be compensated for being unable to use our phones.

I am quite prepared to take legal advice on this matter as I am sure that Vodafone is liable for the damage that has been caused to customers sure signals.

I would like someone from your management to contact me asap to discus this. As I am vodafone customer you will have my account contact details but please dont call the mobile number, as I cant use the phone due to the sure signal not working.

Thanks

Mark

Ethernet cable is connected directly between suresignal box and router.  I have even replaced the old ethernet cable with a new one in case there was a problem with the old cable. 

Hi guys,

@moloson1174 – Please can you try the Sure Signal in a different location and see if this is happening in the new location?

@MarkMill – I can see the Sure Signal has connected to the network 17 October at 3.22am.

Are you still having issues with this?

Cheers,

Laura

No change........ just a useless box of flashing lights!

I've spoken to a lady called Jasmine in tech support and she's looking into this. At present the SS is connected at a friend's house and has been for over an hour but it doesn't appear to have made any difference.

I'm waiting for her to call me back in 30 mins or so.

Hi MarkMil,

Not sure how you are getting on with the problem with your Sure Signal but got mine working at last.

First thing I did was ignore anything the Techno Wallys from Vodafone advised!!!!!!!!

Nothing they said worked AT ALL................

All I did was replace the power supply adapter and hey presto it fired up and connected first time.

They're available on ebay for about £10.00.

Just do a Sure Signal adapter search.

My Sure Signal had all the lights working and flashing in a million different combinations prior to changing the adapter and it was only because I saw this suggestion on another forum thread page somewhere that I thought I would give it a go too.

Apparently the adapter can give enough power to power the lights and go through the sequence but not enough power to confirm a connection.

Worth a go if you have run out of all other options.

Well done Wally Techo Bods from Vodafone.

The first time I call on your services to solve a problem and I had to do it myself.

EE are looking like a good alternative when my contract ends as they offer a similar 3g booster.

Good luck.

Tim

Hi MarkMil,

Please try another Ethernet cable and power pack.

If this is still not working we can take a look at the Sure Signal for you see here for the process.

Cheers,

Hi timwood64,

Is there anything further I can do to help?

Cheers,

Laura