Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Sure signal stopped working after sim card changed

aandpwoodley
4: Newbie

Please help,

I have changed my micro sim to a nano sim ready for my iphone 5 delivery today, however since I swapped over the sim card my phone won't connect to the sure signal.

My wifes phones is working fine, please help

548 REPLIES 548

|Hi I have got my new phone but it keeps dropping signal? can you reset my sure signal to see if this will help. thanks in advance ser no 21229660739, or 253264385 unsure which number you need,

Hi

Just got my iPhone 5, so would appreciate a re-sync also.

SS# 21221065382

Many thanks.

Retired-James
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi Guys,

Thanks for your posts here.

As requested I have re-synced all of the Sure Signals except one.

@ malduncan, please can you double check the second serial number as it appears to be a digit short.

James

Hi James it seems our emails have crossed, I haveput both numbers as I did not know which one you wanted there is only one ss, so the number that has digits missing is the wrong number you can ignor that one but the other is still not working,

thanks again

Hi Again

I'm afraid I need you to re-sync my Sure Signal again.

Having switched over to my iPhone 5 I've discovered I have no WiFi (after many hours of trying).

The iPhone 5 is going back in its box (nearly went out the window) and I'm going back to my iPhone 4.

Thanks again:

SS# 21221065382

Please can my unit be re synced following card change yesyerday.  Thanks

Kevin

Hi, can you comment on this please:

I requested a re-sync after a sim change (normal sim to a micro - HTC One X) after I noticed my sure signal wasn't working. I tried a re-set and the 1st light stayed on and nothing else.

After the re-sync it worked for a bit. But Is now showing just the first light again and wont re-set. Was it re-synced the first time?
Does it need to be done again?

Thanks

Andy

SER NO 211 967 526 83

My SS is still not working, with the sim change, is it the micro sims that is the problem or the ss itself, my ss 21229660739 thanks again

Hi everyone,

@ malduncan - James resynced the device for you anyway! I've just performed another one for you. Please see the factory reset instructions at the bottom of my post to complete the process.

@ Mattyt - I've forced a resync for you too! Please also see the end of my post.

@ KPG - Resynced! Check the bottom of this post.

@ kkent - You too :Winking_smiley: Could you also factory reset the VSS for me?

@ andylights - You shouldn't need another resync but I've forced one anyway. Please also factory reset your VSS.

Because you are suffering with the steady power light issue, could I ask that you check the Sure Signal Troubleshooting thread? If this doesn’t resolve your query, please post your reply either below, or in the relevant thread, together with the details requested, including the following information.

Your speed test results from here.
Your ping test results from here.
Your external IP address from here.
The results of a traceroute.

VSS Traceroute command

On a PC:
Click on Start and select Run
Type CMD into the Run box and press enter/click ok
A black box will appear.
In this box type tracert 212.183.133.177 press Enter
Paste the output of this command into your reply.

This will help us get the quickest possible resolution for you.

Thanks

LeeH

VSS Factory Reset

Hold the reset button till all the lights come on or flash (about 30 seconds)

Keeping the reset button held, remove and re-insert the power lead

Once all the lights come back on, release the reset button

The VSS should come online within the hour

Thanks LeeH. All working OK now.

Kevin:smileyhappy: