Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Sure signal stopped working after sim card changed

aandpwoodley
4: Newbie

Please help,

I have changed my micro sim to a nano sim ready for my iphone 5 delivery today, however since I swapped over the sim card my phone won't connect to the sure signal.

My wifes phones is working fine, please help

548 REPLIES 548

Cheers for the Kudos Kay:smileyhappy:

Ian

Hi 

Could you re-sync my s/s box please. serial number: 21230242402

cheers

Thanks - working fine here now.

Hello,

Could you re-sync mine as well please just to give it a little kick. 2 new sim cards not working. I've de-activated & reactivated the wife's number but I can't do mine as it's the main account & doesn't show up (even after setting daugher's phone up as administrator).

serial: 21230043933

Thanks.

Hi Tech Team

Just following on from my previous post, I have waited for 24 hours since resetting - nothing still!

Please would you confirm before I go any further if my step by step actions as I understand are correct?

Thank you

Ian

Hi

Can I request a resync for my VSS2 number 40113810234

I have just changed my sim to a microsim on my original suresignal number (ie not ones I added subsequently) I reset my suresignal and about an hour later I got a signal. Everything fine for 48 hours then signal lost and now I get a message "your sim does not allow for connection to the network"- my phone identifies the network but emergency calls only.

My VSS2 is working, all other phones working fine and annoyingly, my old phone connects to my VSS with an old PAYG sim.

Have gone through threads and troubleshooting advice before I am advised to do that!

Several resets of VSS2 and reconnects without problems

Several reboots of phone (HTC One)

Allowed a couple of hours each time for phone to connect.

Tried transfering ownership.

It appears on threads that resync seems to fix the problem.

Help appreciated especially as my VSS has been stable over past few years.

Thanks

Hurrah VSS 40113810234 now working as it should after de then re registering.

Initially followed advice in troubleshooting section but not able to transfer to another number as all numbers through same vodafone account and was not able to transfer within account. Advice what to do here would be useful for future reference.

Therefore no need to resync (unless it had already happened!) but might suggest that de then re registering is included in the troubleshooting section - unless I missed it and as all now (currently) workng I'm not going to check!

Previous poster asks if re registering same as resync but I could not see the answer.

Ben_H
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi chrisf,

I'm glad to see this has sorted it for you. You're right in saying a de-registration and then registering from fresh pushes a re-sync through too. I'll let Ellis (our Community Manager) know about your feedback to see if it's worth updating the guides. :Smiling:

Cheers, Ben

Hi James,

Thanks for your post. I have have a SureSignal box and bought an iPhone 5 2 weeks ago and nothing will get my box towork with it.

Please could you reset as you've posted as I'm lost without a mobile signal! :Smiling:

My box serial number is: 21227746910

Thanks Duncan M

Phil
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

Hi DuncanM, 

Thanks for your post.  I've now arranged a resync of the device for you.  Please perform a factory reset of the device by: 

• Hold the reset button till all the lights come on or flash (about 30 seconds)
  • Keeping the rest button held, remove and re-insert the power lead
  • Once all the lights come on or flash, release the reset button
  • The VSS should come online within the hour

Many thanks, 

Phil